Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power consumption when idle
85W per. I was also wondering about the dialog and expected a much higher value. I'll measure it while playing...
Thanks for the measurements.

How much power does the Dialog use in use?
Just got figures for the dialog while playing: 8-10W (!? quite surprised...). Dialog is also much less hot than with previous firmware I must admit...
To unplug the phantoms for the time not playing isn't a fine solution: 'just had to go through the whole set-up again Dodgy ...
Thanks very much. That makes my decision far easier.
50 watts x 24 hours x 365 days x 0,00015€ = 65€/year

65€ per year, I think it is okay. What do you think?
(31-Jul-2015, 17:17)fgueho Wrote: 50 watts x 24 hours x 365 days x 0,00015€ = 65€/year

You forgot the cost to the planet because of global warming.
(31-Jul-2015, 17:17)fgueho Wrote: 50 watts x 24 hours x 365 days x 0,00015€ = 65€/year

Well 65€ won't ruin me, but everything is comparative. For 65 you get 3 months qobuz/tidal...
We must admit 20W/Phantom isn't a real good figure (like 2 old TV on Standby, 'don't really know how they could pass through EU-Regulation 1275/2008), 8W Dialog corresponding of a WLAN-Router "on".
Anyway, I told about "sexyness" and since Phantoms are Lifestyle-Products (at least it's what Devialet would like them to be), they will (have to) adress this issue in later upgrades I think.

... second thought about EU Reg 1275/2008 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EC_Regulat..._1275/2008): Phantom just don't have any standby modus, so it doesn't apply.
Yes, I agree. It is too much.
Adding to the thread with latest firmware (1.4.0.5): my Phantom consumes 16 to 18W standby power, and of course more when it plays, which is only fair (those '3000 W' have to come from somewhere, eh).

16W standby is still incredibly high by 2015 standards, and certainly not compliant with any energy saving regulation out there, maybe there is an exception for high-end audio? I would expect a well design appliance to draw less than a watt in standby mode...
Hi edo,

I've not seen anywhere written that the Phantoms have a standby mode. They are always in operation mode, i.e. like any other amlifier that is turned on. As soon as you play music using an optical input or SPARK the music sounds from the speakers. On one hand this is comfortable, but on the other hand it is not very ecological. It would be nice when Devialet would implement a standby mode, but this would come with some needed waiting time until the Phantoms are ready to play. In the mean time you can use any power switch to turn them off when not in use or unplug the Phantoms incl. Dialog. Compared to early days the Phantoms are operational after 20-30s when power is plugged back in without need of resetting them up. You can buy remote controlled power switches for 20-30€ for a set of three.