Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power consumption when idle
It seems it would be simple for Devialet to implement a software power on and off via Spark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone measured the power consumption (idle & playing) with the latest firmware (1.5.0.1 I think)?

I'm interested if Devialet has gotten around to creating a low-power state or otherwise reduced the power consumption from the absurdly high 20W each in standby, with Dialog using 8-10W.
(22-Dec-2015, 12:24)deviousalet Wrote: Has anyone measured the power consumption (idle & playing) with the latest firmware (1.5.0.1 I think)?

I'm interested if Devialet has gotten around to creating a low-power state or otherwise reduced the power consumption from the absurdly high 20W each in standby, with Dialog using 8-10W.

Curious about this one as well! Anyone tested yet?
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
Hi
After reading the posts...in this thread...
I have bought several timer switches...Those little devices will turn off the power of the dialog and phantom every night from 23:45 and will turn the power back at 7:00 in the morning.
Don't know if that's the best option.. But so far...things look okay...
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
If anyone has Gold Phantom I'd be very interested in the power consumption of those. Devialet changed the power consumption in ADH the Gold Phantom and Expert Pro. In the Expert they supposedly cut standby consumption in half. Can anyone verify how much the Gold Phantom consumes? Thanks.
(16-Aug-2016, 13:36)deviousalet Wrote: If anyone has Gold Phantom I'd be very interested in the power consumption of those. Devialet changed the power consumption in ADH the Gold Phantom and Expert Pro. In the Expert they supposedly cut standby consumption in half. Can anyone verify how much the Gold Phantom consumes? Thanks.

Coming back to you 3 years after the fact.  I have two Phantom Golds recently upgraded to DOS 2.  The standby (i.e. no music playing) power draw on the L unit hovers around the 19W mark.  In other words no real improvement over DOS 1.
My 2 Gold Phantoms are setup as stereo in DOS2. Before sleeping, I will press the button for a few seconds until I heard the 'click then boom sound'. According to Devialet, the system is then in standby mode. I do not have a wattmeter on hand. But the temperature of the bodies will drop to room temperature very soon so as the heatsink at the back. I can wrap the given white cloth over the bodies overnight without any problem. When I want to enjoy music again, I just press the button once and the system will boot up (about 30 sec) again.
They are network speakers. They are supposed to be always on, with a sensible approach to automatic hibernation.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(22-Nov-2019, 03:30)PLam Wrote: Before sleeping, I will press the button for a few seconds until I heard the 'click then boom sound'. According to Devialet, the system is then in standby mode.
I wasn't aware of this standby mode so the information I provided above is incorrect. In standby the power draw is less than a Watt, it fluctuates constantly between 0.5-0.9W. However while it is in standby the speaker (in fact both if paired) disappears from the remote so it can't be woken remotely. The 19W figure is for idle state with no music playing. Apologies for the confusion.

@deviousalet @frenkb
(27-Sep-2015, 14:01)davidadamson Wrote: It seems it would be simple for Devialet to implement a software power on and off via Spark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not that simple, if you shut down electronics how to you get it back ON...

Usually this is done by having some electronics always ON (enough to receive WIFI and process its content) and switching OFF the rest.
But to really have a low power consumption, you'll need to shut down the power supply and have a very small one delivering enough power for the always on circuitry...

Looks like this circuitry has not been implemented in the Phantom, too bad...

This means that the Phantom is not ErP compliant (https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/services/pr...-directive).
2 x Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome in Direct Optical Mode to a Sonos Connect
Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x Play:1
Sonos Playbar
4 Sonos zones of 2xPlay:1