Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-amp outputs not working, D400
(19-Dec-2017, 07:38)Axel Wrote: This subject of having the pre-outs defeatable is getting under my skin. Why would anyone need to do this? Is it detrimental to the SQ of the amp to have them on all the time? If you were using them to feed another power amp, as a record out or, as in my case to feed a headphone amp, why the need to turn them off in software? There are many amps on the market with pre amp. outs and I bet few of them are defeatable. If you don’t need them, don’t use them.

I have the Devialets driving the front channels of my AV system, as well as also separate inputs for music.

When they are driving the front channels of my AV system, I don’t want the Devialet driving the Sub as well, as the AV amp is taking care of that duty. Hence why needs to be defeatable.

I seem to have it working in my set up now, but when I first built the configuration, the pre-out / Sub was always on, even with the default for the AV channel being the pre-out / Sub off.

What fixed it for me was changing the mute button on the remote, which I didn’t use anyway, to the subwoofer setting, this allows me to turn the sub on and off per channel, but also fixed the problem of the defaults not action, so now by default the sub is off for the AV input, and on for everything else.