Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
(20-Dec-2017, 18:49)f1eng Wrote: I have the Roon trial running on an iMac streaming via Air without any problems so far, though I rarely stream for as long as 2 hours continuously. Just listening to Mahler 3 at the moment which is quite long and almost finished without glitch.
I mainly listen to CDs though.

Are you connected by Ethernet or wireless? What format and bitrate is your Mahler recording?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I get a bug when I use the remote to alter tone whilst using Roon, I get the ‘device in use’ message and can only get it working with Roon again by pulling the plug on the Pro. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
@Dannythered I am not able to replicate that issue. I am running the Beta firmware.

1. Have Roon playing, select Tone button on remote, and change Treble to +5 then move back to 0. Push Tone Control again to return to normal state of controlling volume.

2. Pause Roon, select Tone button on remote, and change Treble to +5 then move back to 0. Push Tone Control again to return to normal state of controlling volume.

In either instance, I don't get a "device in use" error.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Interestingly I just tried with no issue, tried again and got the issue after scrolling through all other options, I’m running latest firmware not beta
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
I have several problem post CI. One of them is a slight hum from the speakers that I haven't had before. Also my Ethernet doesn't work and hirez is unstable thru AIR with lots of noise on dsd. This is really frustrating and I'm regretting sending the unit for upgrade. Running beta 2.2.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Hum is a bad issue of course as it is very likely not ralated to firmware. Is someone else also having this problem ?
Just got ‘device in use’ when switching to a Tidal album, first time ever....
(21-Dec-2017, 03:07)Axel Wrote:
(20-Dec-2017, 18:49)f1eng Wrote: I have the Roon trial running on an iMac streaming via Air without any problems so far, though I rarely stream for as long as 2 hours continuously. Just listening to Mahler 3 at the moment which is quite long and almost finished without glitch.

Are you connected by Ethernet or wireless? What format and bitrate is your Mahler recording?

Sorry for delay, don't check often and never have notifications...
Ethernet and 24/96 ALAC
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-Jan-2018, 20:47)f1eng Wrote:
(21-Dec-2017, 03:07)Axel Wrote:

Sorry for delay, don't check often and never have notifications...
Ethernet and 24/96 ALAC

Hi All,

Don't forget Roon Air downsizes upper bitrates in order to avoid glitches. In these cases it is not bitperfect.
You can check it by clicking on the little "gem" which color indicates if the signal is modified or not.
Upgraded Mac Mini - Audirvana - Dirac plugin - Air3 Wifi - Roon & Roon Air - D250 pro - Thiel CS 3.7
Actually, Roon (with or without AIR) is configurable in terms of DSP and bit rate. However, if you have a 24/96 recording, unless you configure it via the DSP settings, it will play it back at 24/96, glitches or no glitches.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US