Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with radios
I also have this issue and have over 70mbs connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-May-2016, 12:48)davidadamson Wrote: I also have this issue and have over 70mbs connection?

Hi 

same issue here with radios. same issue applies as well when using spotify connect. after 20 minutes or so, the music stops. I am currently in contact with devialet on this issue and sent plenty of bug reports but so far they are still investigating...
Radio has been working on and off for me as well.  Today it stopped working at all, and tidal is also not available. 
I have tried resetting every way I can think off, and I have reached out to devialet. 
Anyone else experiencing this? Any recommendations?  Huh
Anyone know if this is going to be fixed as its a real showstopper and a right pain in the harris!!

(13-May-2016, 23:36)geninho Wrote: Radio has been working on and off for me as well.  Today it stopped working at all, and tidal is also not available. 
I have tried resetting every way I can think off, and I have reached out to devialet. 

Hello

I have been having the disconnection issue for long time now with my four phantom and still not solved completely... 

But there will be an improvement if all your phantoms are wired to the network router...

And if need be, move Dialog to another location essentially above/higher  position....than the phantom...

You also need to check in the device settings what mode of transmission is being used... It can be Ethernet, wifi 5ghz, wifi 2.4Ghz or plc..

Preferably Ethernet mode is the best..follow by wifi 5Ghz...( of course if you've got a 5 ghz wifi network)...
If your is showing wifi 2.4 ghz or plc ... Then, you may not enjoy your phantom properly... You may need to invest in a router which features  a 5ghz band...but the cheapest way will be to run the network cables.

But like said, that solution does not prevent the cuts... But make them less frequent...

Let us know how you're going on.
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(14-Apr-2016, 15:24)Johnnydev Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 15:11)steenh Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 14:52)SimonB Wrote: Thanks for the answers.
I think I have no problem with my personnal router as other online services works well and fast. I will try to setup again, hopin that will work. I have no trouble playing the radios, it's just slow when I browse the radio category. It's a pain to find radios but when I find one, I just add it to favorites and it's a lot easier.

Simon

I see the same error message blinking now and then. Maybe it's only seen when I play through Bluetooth.
When I played the radio I didn't see the message.
I have no problems to load the radio stations and play them.

Steen

Who wants to play radio by Bluetooth ????

Hey Johnnydev
Playing radio via Bluetooth is actually a more stable way than using the radio via spark...
How do you do this., simple ..
Downloaded Tunein radio app in your smart device/phone...
Go into your device settings and activate Bluetooth and connect to any of your phantom..
Open Tunein radio app or any other radio app in your device
And enjoy your radio via phantom and if need be, linked the rooms and enjoy a stable radio in all your house...
With no interruptions etc..
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
"Who wants to play radio by Bluetooth ????", says Johnnydev.

Not Johnnydev, obviously. It's compressed to f*ck. So why this posting?

Ok, I've probably had a few too.

Goodnight.
(17-Jun-2016, 05:13)Oangenet Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 15:24)Johnnydev Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 15:11)steenh Wrote: I see the same error message blinking now and then. Maybe it's only seen when I play through Bluetooth.
When I played the radio I didn't see the message.
I have no problems to load the radio stations and play them.

Steen

Who wants to play radio by Bluetooth ????

Hey Johnnydev
Playing radio via Bluetooth is actually a more stable way than using the radio via spark...
How do you do this., simple ..
Downloaded Tunein radio app in your smart device/phone...
Go into your device settings and activate Bluetooth and connect to any of your phantom..
Open Tunein radio app or any other radio app in your device
And enjoy your radio via phantom and if need be, linked the rooms and enjoy a stable radio in all your house...
With no interruptions etc..

Internet Radio via spark sounds much better than using sonos via dialog or phantom !!!
And much much bettter then when using Bluetooth.

And i don't have any problems by playing via spark.

So, it is sounding best in the following order:

1. Internet radio's via spark
2. Internet radio's via sonos -> dialog or phantom
3. Using Bluetooth
I think that is a given! Bluetooth by its own definition is likely to sound shit. That's Bluetooth. That's what it does. No one can argue with that.
(17-Jun-2016, 05:03)angenet Wrote:
(13-May-2016, 23:36)geninho Wrote: Radio has been working on and off for me as well.  Today it stopped working at all, and tidal is also not available. 

Hello

I have been having the disconnection issue for long time now with my four phantom and still not solved completely... 

But there will be an improvement if all your phantoms are wired to the network router...

And if need be, move Dialog to another location essentially above/higher  position....than the phantom...

You also need to check in the device settings what mode of transmission is being used... It can be Ethernet, wifi 5ghz, wifi 2.4Ghz or plc..

Preferably Ethernet mode is the best..follow by wifi 5Ghz...( of course if you've got a 5 ghz wifi network)...
If your is showing wifi 2.4 ghz or plc ... Then, you may not enjoy your phantom properly... You may need to invest in a router which features  a 5ghz band...but the cheapest way will be to run the network cables.

But like said, that solution does not prevent the cuts... But make them less frequent...

Let us know how you're going on.

My router Is in the same room as the phantom on 5Ghz so there is no problem with signal strength or connectivity. I have sat my iphone next to the phantom both playing radio paradise and the iphone radio paradise app runs and runs without any problem, but not so for the phantom.

It is certainly a software problem. If it was connectivity issue why would pressing stop and play immediately resolve the issue for the next 20 mins.