Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Model Names / Numbers
I am looking to buy a used Devialet but I'm confused by model names/numbers.  I have seen reference in ads to

Model 200
D200
Devialet Expert 200
Model 200 Expert Pro
200 Expert Pro Core Infinity

From what I can find, it seems like the Pro are the current models but other than that there doesn't seem to be consistency in nomelcature, and I couldn't find model history on the Devialet website.

Thanks very much.

Ian
Florida, USA
Hi Ian,

The 'model 200', 'D200', 'Devialet Expert 200' are all just Devialet 200's. You get 200 Watt into 6 Ohm and no CI board.(Core Infinity)

'Model 200 Expert Pro' doesn't exist and neither does '200 Expert Pro Core infinity'. They should be 220:
When the Expert Pro was introduced it came with an extra 20 Watt so it's called 'Devialet Expert Pro 220'. The CI board is an added board that was sold with the 220 Pro but not ready at the time they entered the market with the 220 Pro. So Devialet has added the board later to all Expert Pro's (Not just the 220) free of charge. So some Pros have the board and some not yet. If you buy a Pro without the board you are entitled to get the board installed free of charge and Devialet have been pretty good about that, even for second hand buys.

The extra wattage of the Pro series required them to have better heat dissipation capacity so they all have a copper bottom plate; an easy way to identify them. The older series bottom plate is black.

If you're still confused, send me a PM with a link to the ad and I'll see whether i can identify it for you.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello Ian, what part of Florida are you from? If near Tampa, I have a d200 and may be in the market to sell. Pm if interested
(19-Jul-2019, 04:23)mmorrison55 Wrote: Hello Ian, what part of Florida are you from? If near Tampa, I have a d200 and may be in the market to sell. Pm if interested

I am in central Palm Beach County.  There is someone local to me selling a d400 which might be overkill for a second system.  Then again, reviews I've read indicate the 400 is sweeter and smoother than a 200, above and beyond delivering more power.

What to do...
(19-Jul-2019, 03:24)Pim Wrote: The extra wattage of the Pro series required them to have better heat dissipation capacity so they all have a copper bottom plate; an easy way to identify them. The older series bottom plate is black.

Just to avoid potential confusion: that was true for some Pro models (250, 1000) but not for the 220/440 Pro which have a black bottom plate same as the original 200/400. I expect the same is true for the 140 Pro although I haven't seen one first-hand..
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@Ihmeyers - the thread per the link below might help to add some clarity.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-differen...r#pid76643
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12