Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON server w Devialet Air...
Leak after leak, step by step, we can make an idea of what´s coming.
Looks like an Apple pre-launch process.
(23-May-2017, 13:52)samsoum Wrote: My last visit to my dealer he assures me that there is very goog news regarding devialet, so i told him that i m aware or probable roon integration, he replied by yes, he told me you can stream music to devialet from roon without having your macbook pro open.
He asked me do not spread the info( sorry i couldn t hold myself)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing! Smile 

I started thinking what exactly does your dealer mean by "you can stream music to devialet from roon without having your macbook pro open"?  Dodgy 
Could it possibly mean that Roon Server would run inside Devialet and therefore we would not need a computer?? I hope this is not the case.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Why not? This would be awesome ; at least for pro users( not me), just open devialet, open roon on ipad, and thats it!

Because of the sound quality. It is priority number 1 for me at least.

Please take a look at this and Roon's recommendations.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Sound_Quality

Roon recommends running Core and Output on separate devices. They particularly do not recommend running everything within one computer.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(23-May-2017, 17:01)samsoum Wrote: Why not? This would be awesome ; at least for pro users( not me), just open devialet, open roon on ipad, and thats it!

Yes, it would be very convenient. I am just worried about sound quality.

I am also thinking that does Devialet really has enough processing power to handle Roon Core? Like if we have a multiroom system and doing heavy DSP stuff on different zones, I would guess that some Intel i7 would be needed to do the heavy processing.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
Good to know thanks! Me too , my first priority is sound quality, and i trust roon and devialet engineering for that! Let s cross fingers!

Macbook pro -roon-tidal-Devialet200 frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990
Spkr cables: acoustic zen satori
Speakers:wilson audio sabrina
(23-May-2017, 17:25)samsoum Wrote: Good to know thanks! Me too , my first priority is sound quality, and i trust roon and devialet engineering for that! Let s cross fingers!

Macbook pro -roon-tidal-Devialet200 frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990

Yep! I am confident that whatever they have decided to implement, it will sound good. Have they ever disappointed us by delivering a bad sounding solution? I don't think so.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
Sorry to be blunt but IMO and in general HiFi dealers are among the least informed and/or don't understand the technicalities.

With e.g. something like Spotify Connect or Apple's Airplay (which will probably become part of the OS/streamer board like it is now for Phantom) one could work without a computer but not with Roon. One would still need a central computer/NAS running Roon Server. NO way this will run inside the Expert. The 'best' we could get is Devialet becoming Roon Ready but everything indicates we're (short term) "only" getting AIR support integrated into Roon.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I Agree Antoine , myself i m not so technical about softwares and networking, but that what he mentioned.
If devialet do it, and sq is up to the task,i think i will go ahead and upgrade !

(23-May-2017, 18:29)Antoine Wrote: Sorry to be blunt but IMO and in general HiFi dealers are among the least informed and/or don't understand the technicalities.

With e.g. something like Spotify Connect or Apple's Airplay (which will probably become part of the OS/streamer board like it is now for Phantom) one could work without a computer but not with Roon. One would still need a central computer/NAS running Roon Server. NO way this will run inside the Expert. The 'best' we could get is Devialet becoming Roon Ready but everything indicates we're (short term) "only" getting AIR support integrated into Roon.

I have to agree on your point regarding the dealers Big Grin At least all dealers that I have met here know very little about these technical things and especially on computer audio. For example I have shown to one Devialet dealer how to update firmware on Devialet and how to configure/enable SAM since they had no idea how to do those Big Grin

Last week I explained to one dealer what is SAM. He was thinking that it is just a bass boost...
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland