Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON server w Devialet Air...
Roon with Devialet yes or no?
That says the support !!

24. Mai, 13:34 CEST

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message.

We actually cannot tell anything about a possible cooperation between Roon and Devialet at the moment.
I won't be able to say if or when it will be the case or not unfortunately.

???
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Don't worry. Probably they cannot say anything because it is not official yet.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(24-May-2017, 14:44)petrik Wrote: Don't worry. Probably they cannot say anything because it is not official yet.

I hope you are right Smile
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Here's Danny Dulai's response posted in the Roon forums...

It was an early leak... I'm not going to talk more about it, but just wait about 2 weeks until new release goes through apple store approval... you all should be happy. Now, stop talking about it so I dont get into more trouble!

Sssshhh, don't tell anyone... top secret   Big Grin

Here's the link:  https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...h/26148/15
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
apple...
(25-May-2017, 15:50)mdconnelly Wrote: Here's Danny Dulai's response posted in the Roon forums...

It was an early leak... I'm not going to talk more about it, but just wait about 2 weeks until new release goes through apple store approval... you all should be happy. Now, stop talking about it so I dont get into more trouble!

... and that means?...
(25-May-2017, 16:56)BoyScout Wrote:
(25-May-2017, 15:50)mdconnelly Wrote: Here's Danny Dulai's response posted in the Roon forums...

... and that means?...

Well, it's not clear.  But given that the "leak" was about Devialet being a Roon Partner, it surely means an improved relationship and coordination between Roon and Devialet and that has to bee good for those of us that use Roon.  Whether that has anything to do with Devialet's OS/streaming board or if it just means a better means of streaming Roon via Devialet AIR is unknown.   Perhaps it just means that Roon on linux will now be able to stream via Devialet AIR.  Or perhaps they've found a way to stream using the Devialet AIR protocol without actually needing the Devialet AIR software (they did something similar when they started to stream to Squeezeboxes replacing the need to run LMS).   

Hey, I'm just guessing here, yet remain optimistic.  Stay tuned and hopefully we'll know more within 2 weeks.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(25-May-2017, 18:08)mdconnelly Wrote:
(25-May-2017, 16:56)BoyScout Wrote:

... and that means?...

Well, it's not clear.  But given that the "leak" was about Devialet being a Roon Partner, it surely means an improved relationship and coordination between Roon and Devialet and that has to bee good for those of us that use Roon.  Whether that has anything to do with Devialet's OS/streaming board or if it just means a better means of streaming Roon via Devialet AIR is unknown.   Perhaps it just means that Roon on linux will now be able to stream via Devialet AIR.  Or perhaps they've found a way to stream using the Devialet AIR protocol without actually needing the Devialet AIR software (they did something similar when they started to stream to Squeezeboxes replacing the need to run LMS).   

Hey, I'm just guessing here, yet remain optimistic.  Stay tuned and hopefully we'll know more within 2 weeks.

Presumably there is a new 'app' too, hence the 'Apple Store' (Apple App Store) reference.  New apps usually need at least two weeks to get approved.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My guess is that the apple update is an updated version of Roon. They seem to be very good about coordinating their updates across all platforms.
Durham, NC USA
(25-May-2017, 18:15)Confused Wrote:
(25-May-2017, 18:08)mdconnelly Wrote:
(25-May-2017, 16:56)BoyScout Wrote: ... and that means?...

Presumably there is a new 'app' too, hence the 'Apple Store' (Apple App Store) reference.  New apps usually need at least two weeks to get approved.

All of us are guessing, of course.
I´m affraid we´ll have just 50% of answers in two weeks and need to wait for the remaining (from Devialet).