Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random volume drop
(18-Jul-2018, 11:44)BGrantham Wrote: Shortly after upgrading my D400 to 440 I had the problem with the volume increasing automatically.  On one occassion I was ipstairs, some distance away and by the time I got to the remote my Dynaudio C4s were extremely loud.  Thankfully no damage.  Devialet responded quickly and arranged a courier to deliver new remotes and collect the old ones.
I had the CI upgrade approx 4 months ago.  4 weeks ago the volume increased automatically again. Having to fly out on business shortly afterwards And not returning home for a few more days I haven’t had an opportunity to contact Devialet.  In summary for i’ve had the issue after upgrade from D400 to 440 several time and once after CI upgrade.  I am extremely pleased with the Devialet sound but now will be afraid to leave the room with music playing

Well that's very disappointing to hear - it's still not fixed then. I'd tend to think that home appliances get pulled off the market for being even smaller health hazards than this?
I am having a similar issue with volume dropping by itself without the remote being touched using Version: Firmware 13.0.0 + DOS 2.2.2. The input is USB and I have tried two different remotes but that does not fix the issue. I am using the 440 Pro (CI)

Update: Changing batteries has fixed the issue.
I have had volume dropping and rising itself, too. I have shipped my remote to France and a new firmware was loaded into it.
Remote' software version before: 6.0, after: 6.1.
That supposed to fixed the issue. In fact the issue have never happened since then, but i am not sure, if due to the new firmware of fresh batteries.

Go to advanced-information menu on your Devialet and check for soft version under Remote' section.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
My info. screen tells me that my remote is running the 6.1 software, which I assume was upgraded when my amps had the CI boards fitted (Devialet asked that the remote was sent back with the amps). A few weeks ago, my remote became unresponsive and a quick test with a multimeter showed that the batteries were depleted. I think it is quite significant that when the batteries were running down, I had no involuntary increases or decreases in volume. Before the upgrade, I had experienced unexpected volume increase on three occasions. Luckily, on all three occasions I was within arms reach of the remote! Fresh batteries seemed to fix the problem.
@BGrantham and@Devialetuser, what software are your remotes running, please?  Did you send your remotes back whe you had the CI upgrade?
Idea Anybody who is thinking about having the CI upgrade: it would be a good idea to send your remotes back with your amps! Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel I have checked that the software on my remote is 6.1. And I had the volume drop issue till I changed the batteries. The remote was sent back to Devialet when I got my CI upgrade.
(19-Jul-2018, 10:25)Devialetuser Wrote: @Axel I have checked that the software on my remote is 6.1. And I had the volume drop issue till I changed the batteries. The remote was sent back to Devialet when I got my CI upgrade.

Oh no! I thought the problem had been solved with the software update. Have you had any feedback from Devialet regarding this?  Now  I won’t feel happy leaving the amp to play music unattended. Thanks for the reply though.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel I have not yet report this issue to Devialet. It just happened a few days back. But I do hope that if someone from Devialet does read this forum they would address the issue in the next firmware update.
(19-Jul-2018, 04:58)Axel Wrote: My info. screen tells me that my remote is running the 6.1 software, which I assume was upgraded when my amps had the CI boards fitted (Devialet asked that the remote was sent back with the amps). A few weeks ago, my remote became unresponsive and a quick test with a multimeter showed that the batteries were depleted. I think it is quite significant that when the batteries were running down, I had no involuntary increases or decreases in volume. Before the upgrade, I had experienced unexpected volume increase on three occasions. Luckily, on all three occasions I was within arms reach of the remote! Fresh batteries seemed to fix the problem.
@BGrantham and@Devialetuser, what software are your remotes running, please?  Did you send your remotes back whe you had the CI upgrade?
Idea Anybody who is thinking about having the CI upgrade: it would be a good idea to send your remotes back with your amps! Smile
Currently travelling. Home in a couple of days will check on software then.  Cannot remember sending remotes for CI.  Did send when upgraded from 400 to 440
Sorry guys/gals can't help with issue regarding random change of volume, but I did ask the question regarding software version 6.0 or 6.1 for the remotes as both of my remotes show version 6.0 (I've 2 x 250ProCI's), answer below from Devialet:

Hi John,

For the remote, that is perfectly normal, I believe people saying their remote is on 6.1 are 130Pro, 220Pro and 440Pro owners.
During the Core Infinity upgrades, only the remotes for those models needed to be upgraded. We didn’t do anything to 250Pro and 1000Pro remotes.

Best Regards,
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)