Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote rises volume by itself
While listening music via Roon on my Devialet Expert 200, out of nowhere the volume suddenly rose by itself. The slider in Roon moved. Sliding it back did not help. Turning the remote left did not help either. I managed to switch off the Devialet just before it would blow up my speakers.

Testing showed that the remote sent a signal to the 200. Roon is limited to -10dB, but the remote signal overrules this. The issue did not occur since I removed the batteries from the remote. 

This issue makes me very insecure listening to music and leaving the room.
I am very curious if other users have had the same issue, what caused and resolved it.

Thanks!

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Hi R van der H,

Welcome to DevialetChat. This issue has happened to others before. It's fixed by changing out the batteries. Make sure to put good batteries in and change them out every year or so (on your birthday, not your wedding anniversary, otherwise you'll still forget) and you'll be fine.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi Pim,
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I won’t be fine, because the batteries were brand new Duracells as it happened. Still ok until 2028.
Any other suggestions?

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Hello
I have the same problem. I have to change my loudspeaker.
Devialet explained me last week that this problem was probably due to interaction between different applications on my network. It can be with the phone of an other person on your network.
They propose to configure Devialet without connection to network (WiFi and ethernet) during one month with remote command only to see if it happen again.
Then you need a machine to send music in Devialet without éthernet.
You shout send a mail to Devialet to notice your problem.
(04-Mar-2019, 00:05)RvdH Wrote: Hi Pim,
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I won’t be fine, because the batteries were brand new Duracells as it happened. Still ok until 2028.
Any other suggestions?

Hmmm, that's usually been the fix...

The only suggestion I can give then is that the batteries might be a bad pair so change them out with new ones anyway and preferably from a different batch.

If the problem continues; Contact Devialet and stay in the room when the music is playing.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello @RvdH, I had a problem a few months ago with an app (IOs) on the phone. As soon as I used the app, the Devialet input from USB, Digital, Analog always switched to UpnP. Have Wifi on Devialet disabled, use only LAN and no more problems since then! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
This is one of the "standard" behaviors when the batteries no longer provide sufficient power.
How old are your batteries? How long have you used them?
Your Devialet has the latest firmware installed?
If your batteries were not very old, then you might have the same problem that I had (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-P...tery-issue). He resolved sending remote control to service in France. It has not been completely solved, but it has been solved to a sufficient extent.
The previously reported problems like this were Pro models only from what I remember, so this might be different, but for me but they changed my remote, and that fixed it. The old batteries from the bad remote worked fine in the new remote, but new batteries in the old remote caused problems.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Same experience like soniclife

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(03-Mar-2019, 22:51)RvdH Wrote: While listening music via Roon on my Devialet Expert 200, out of nowhere the volume suddenly rose by itself. The slider in Roon moved. Sliding it back did not help. Turning the remote left did not help either. I managed to switch off the Devialet just before it would blow up my speakers.

Testing showed that the remote sent a signal to the 200. Roon is limited to -10dB, but the remote signal overrules this. The issue did not occur since I removed the batteries from the remote. 

This issue makes me very insecure listening to music and leaving the room.
I am very curious if other users have had the same issue, what caused and resolved it.

Thanks!

I had the same problems with my remote. It was resolved by returning it to France. This was approximately 2 years ago, and no issues since.