Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room correction with Phantom
(17-Oct-2019, 22:10)Snoopy8 Wrote: On its own, optical is good but when one hears something better like UPnP,  difficult to go back.

Would you happen to know if Audirvana UPnP streaming works with Phantom? Gapless?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(22-Oct-2019, 08:59)ogs Wrote: Would you happen to know if Audirvana UPnP streaming works with Phantom? Gapless?
I am using MinimServer and gapless works. In theory, Audirvana UPnP should work, but need someone who has actually used it to confirm because UPnP needs to have server, renderer and controller all working together.
(22-Oct-2019, 10:23)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(22-Oct-2019, 08:59)ogs Wrote: Would you happen to know if Audirvana UPnP streaming works with Phantom? Gapless?
I am using MinimServer and gapless works.  In theory, Audirvana UPnP should work, but need someone who has actually used it to confirm because UPnP needs to have server, renderer and controller all working together.

Direct to Phantoms or is Dialog involved?

Audirvana has a rumour of sounding good, but this being UPnP, I agree with you it is best to to check with someone who actually uses the combination
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(22-Oct-2019, 10:37)ogs Wrote:
(22-Oct-2019, 10:23)Snoopy8 Wrote:
I am using MinimServer and gapless works.  In theory, Audirvana UPnP should work, but need someone who has actually used it to confirm because UPnP needs to have server, renderer and controller all working together.

Direct to Phantoms or is Dialog involved?

Audirvana has a rumour of sounding good, but this being UPnP, I agree with you it is best to to check with someone who actually uses the combination
Currently, only Dialog has UPnP.  But DOS2 is coming out next month and I believe UPnP will be enabled on Phantom Premier.  I believe the Reactors just got an update to enable UPnP.
@ogs there was a survey about UPnP dominated by people angry that Devialet have not fixed their problems.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UPnP-con...int-survey

Audivarna came up top but there was no indication whether this was for the ExpertPro or Phantom.  I suspect there are a few Phantom users in that poll who do use Audirvarna UPnP but the only way to confirm is to start a new post and ask people.
(22-Oct-2019, 10:42)Snoopy8 Wrote: Currently, only Dialog has UPnP.  But DOS2 is coming out next month and I believe UPnP will be enabled on Phantom Premier.  I believe the Reactors just got an update to enable UPnP.

Ah yes of course. I guess UPnP in DOS2 will require pairing of Phantoms, without Dialog to work. I have used UPnP, but am not a fan. Sound quality is generally good to excellent, but there is too much lack of compatibility

Re.: poll. 'Other' seems to be the clear winner with Audirvana second. 'Other' is dominated by 'NOT UPnP' based mostly on usefulness, not sound quality. When UPnP/DLNA works it is just as good as anything else....
Devialetless!
(22-Oct-2019, 12:56)ogs Wrote:
(22-Oct-2019, 10:42)Snoopy8 Wrote: Currently, only Dialog has UPnP.  But DOS2 is coming out next month and I believe UPnP will be enabled on Phantom Premier.  I believe the Reactors just got an update to enable UPnP.

Ah yes of course. I guess UPnP in DOS2 will require pairing of Phantoms, without Dialog to work. I have used UPnP, but am not a fan. Sound quality is generally good to excellent, but there is too much lack of compatibility

Re.: poll. 'Other' seems to be the clear winner with Audirvana second. 'Other' is by 'NOT UPnP' based mostly on usefulness, not sound quality. When UPnP/DLNA works it is just as good as anything else....
I got lucky with UPnP combination of Phantom, Minimserver and BubbleUPnP for room correction. Before this, had limited exposure to UPnP but UPnP into Phantom had this big sound stage that I wanted. After much learning, trial and error, I have taken the Phantoms up a notch or two.

As much as people hate Spark, it does provide a good sound. If I use Spark and Tidal as a baseline, my UPnP with room correction from music on NAS has better soundstage, more 3D, improved resolution of instruments and clearer, can tell each musician's space. Yes, not fair using Tidal streaming and maybe different master for comparison, but that is baseline sound that people are familiar with. Am delighted with my Phantom Golds.