Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
My problem with constant dropouts is fixed if I change over to WiFi from Ethernet! Would like to know if this works for anyone else.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(17-Feb-2019, 18:28)mdconnelly Wrote: Strange that we have yet to hear anything from Roon support on this.   They're usually quite responsive.   Has anyone found a viable solution (other than the IGMP disable since my router doesn't have an option to change that)?   For now, I've just reverted to using AIR again.

Just to give you some idea; I actually did some A/B testing, constantly swapping between RAAT and AIR and the problem has not returned. Just playing music now. That's from a Mac mini via a Ubiquity switch over Cat.6 Shielded cable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Feb-2019, 21:01)MPim Wrote:
(17-Feb-2019, 18:28)mdconnelly Wrote: Strange that we have yet to hear anything from Roon support on this.   They're usually quite responsive.   Has anyone found a viable solution (other than the IGMP disable since my router doesn't have an option to change that)?   For now, I've just reverted to using AIR again.

Just to give you some idea; I actually did some A/B testing, constantly swapping between RAAT and AIR and the problem has not returned. Just playing music now. That's from a Mac mini via a Ubiquity switch over Cat.6 Shielded cable.
I have not had this problem now for several days - and have done a lot of listening.  My setup is far less sophisticated than some of those mentioned here.  In my case it was with Qobuz files - and the implementation of RAAT for Devialet did occur at the same time as the Qobuz launch in the USA.
Problem still happening for me. In fact, last night I was having the problem with standard 44.1kHz, 16bit CD rips. I've tried switching between AIR and RAAT and disabling AIR completely. Problem always returns. But there have been times when I was able to play a number of hi-res tracks without it occurring. Perhaps it is a network issue, but I never have the problem with AIR.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Are you guys also seeing very high network activity? I've a post on Roon where I'm asking about this, maybe it's the same problem?
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-ma...-mqa/62454
(18-Feb-2019, 08:51)Jacke89 Wrote: Are you guys also seeing very high network activity? I've a post on Roon where I'm asking about this, maybe it's the same problem?

I read that post too. 15% really isn't much at all. I have no idea how he can have 180Mb/s going on though. Audio should be around the 1.5 to 3 Mb/s
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Feb-2019, 09:07)Pim Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 08:51)Jacke89 Wrote: Are you guys also seeing very high network activity? I've a post on Roon where I'm asking about this, maybe it's the same problem?

I read that post too. 15% really isn't much at all. I have no idea how he can have 180Mb/s going on though. Audio should be around the 1.5 to 3 Mb/s

That is my thread and my network activity. The 15% CPU usage isn't optimal of course, but I don't think that is the problem in this case, it's just maximizing my network Sad.
Roon support seem to be ignoring this issue.
Devialet AIR works perfectly.
Wifi works but wired doesn't.

Have I slipped into an alternative dimension?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Let's be clear.... Roon RAAT to other Roon endpoints works fine. Roon AIR works fine. I'm inclined to think there is an issue in the implementation of RAAT on Devialet Expert Pros, but it does seem to be working fine for many users. Hopefully Roon support will jump in.... Perhaps they are in contact with Devialet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yes, that could be true if Roon Ready did not mean that it had been through the extensive Roon testing process and been deemed fit for purpose by Roon. So this ball is firmly in their court!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers