Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
I think it's a network thing, and my guess is it's roon's bug. I think this because when switching to WiFi it works, and the network traffic is very different on the core, and air works both ways.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(18-Feb-2019, 14:46)Soniclife Wrote: I think it's a network thing, and my guess is it's roon's bug.  I think this because when switching to WiFi it works, and the network traffic is very different on the core, and air works both ways.

Well, I have high hopes that Roon will get to the bottom of it, but remember - Roon didn't do anything to implement this.   Devialet did in their latest DOS and firmware.   But I can easily believe that Roon's testing of Devialet's implementation was not sufficient to reveal whatever problem this is.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(18-Feb-2019, 16:41)mdconnelly Wrote: ...But I can easily believe that Roon's testing of Devialet's implementation was not sufficient to reveal whatever problem this is.

Per post 6, that surprises and rather disappoints me, given the high hopes we expressed for Roon doing a better job than Devialet of software QA.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Feb-2019, 17:56)thumb5 Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 16:41)mdconnelly Wrote: ...But I can easily believe that Roon's testing of Devialet's implementation was not sufficient to reveal whatever problem this is.

Per post 6, that surprises and rather disappoints me, given the high hopes we expressed for Roon doing a better job than Devialet of software QA.

Agreed.   But then, it's hard to discern how widespread this issue is.   It seems that it's working fine for many if not most.    I have tried to try different implementations on my end.   This morning I installed RoonServer on a laptop and then took the laptop to connect directly to my router thinking that a shorter run might help.   But nope, the problem is still there.   I have not attempted turning wifi on on the Devialet and really have no interest in doing so.  And yet some have said this problem goes away with wifi.   Strange...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(13-Feb-2019, 23:20)mdconnelly Wrote: The good news... Roon RAAT is released!

The bad news (for me) is that it is not behaving well with hi-res flac.  On playing pretty much any album at 192kHz, 24Bit (and sometimes with 96khz), I'm getting...  

An audio file is loading slowly.  This may indicate a performance or hardware problem.  

The audio often drops out and occasionally the track is skipped.   It is happening with both my music and with Qobuz in Roon.  This also happens occasionally with 96kz, 24Bit music.  I've not seen it (yet) with normal CD res music.

This is only happening via Roon RAAT.   It does NOT happen with Roon AIR nor with my microRendu to USB input.   In perusing the Roon forums, it seems that when others have seen this in the past, it has often been network issues.   I'm running RoonServer on Win 10 i7 desktop PC on a gigibit network with structured wiring throughout my home.  I've not had any issues with Roon before now (well, at least not since I got rid of Devialet AIR to use Roon AIR).   

Anyone else run into this?  I have posted the question on the Roon forums.   I feel a need to start troubleshooting my network, but hardly know where to begin since I've not seen any network issues until this.

On the plus side, I have to concur that everything playing via my Expert Pros since the firmware/DOS upgrade has sounded better (well, except for the whole issue above ;-)

Hi, I have also this issue with Tidal in Roon. CD res music plays okay, but high res MQAs not. However, MQAs plays okay with my Bluesound Node 2 as RAAT endpoint which is on the same shelf as my 250 Pro CI which has this MQA issue. (Wifi used with both.)
I just got RAAT up and running and experienced this 5 songs into testing. Streaming from my Roon integrated Tidal account.
I have a 200mbps fibre line at home, so definitely not due to limited internet speed.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(19-Feb-2019, 09:36)Drifter Wrote: I just got RAAT up and running and experienced this 5 songs into testing. Streaming from my Roon integrated Tidal account.
I have a 200mbps fibre line at home, so definitely not due to limited internet speed.

Same problem with my 140pro and Roon RAAT. Switching to Roon AIR helps. More frequent with Qobuz.1G ethernet/100M internet==> cannot be a network problem
Roon has acknowledged the many reports of this issue and is investigating. I'm confident we'll hear something soon but no sure if Roon can address it or if it will require a fix from Devialet. Has anyone heard from Devialet regarding this?
Durham, NC USA
If you are experiencing this problem with Roon RAAT to your Devialet Expert Pro, note that Roon Labs is trying to collect info regarding the problem.    See here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...t/62652/23
Durham, NC USA
(20-Feb-2019, 17:35)mdconnelly Wrote: If you are experiencing this problem with Roon RAAT to your Devialet Expert Pro, note that Roon Labs is trying to collect info regarding the problem.    See here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...t/62652/23
It’s good that Roon Labs are now looking into this problem. I initially also had this problem, but Roon Ready arrived quickly after Qobuz became available, so here’s my experience.

I converted my Roon library from Tidal to Qobuz. I closed my Tidal account, however, my Roon account was still showing a Tidal presence even though nothing could be played from Tidal. When I got the ‘slow upload’ message with nothing happening, I perceived there was a degree of confusion between Tidal and Qobuz on Roon. I completely disabled Tidal in Roon and have not had the problem since. 

It might just be a coincidence, but worth checking out if my circumstance is mirrored by yours. It might be the fix or I might have got circumstantially lucky. Feedback would be good.