Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(30-Aug-2019, 12:02)K4680 Wrote: New Roon Nucleus announced!

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/when-wi...able/70577

(At the end of the chat)
"It’s a slight modification, not a redesign. The chassis is shorter, with a slightly larger footprint."  Direct words from Danny at Roon.  Production was moved from China to USA and Roon used this opportunity to make a few changes.  Apparently, it's also now easier to service the units.  Finally, from the supplied photos, it appears the old rocker switch for on/off is now a push button.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
There's a couple of other visible changes. The original Nucleus/Nucleus+ have one HDMI port and a Thunderbolt port. The new version has two HDMI ports and the Thunderbolt port appears to have disappeared. As far as I'm aware there never was a publicised use for the Thunderbolt port, it was stated that it might be used for some function in the future but it seems it has no use at present.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(30-Aug-2019, 12:20)Flashman Wrote:
(30-Aug-2019, 12:02)K4680 Wrote: New Roon Nucleus announced!

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/when-wi...able/70577

(At the end of the chat)
"It’s a slight modification, not a redesign. The chassis is shorter, with a slightly larger footprint."  Direct words from Danny at Roon.  Production was moved from China to USA and Roon used this opportunity to make a few changes.  Apparently, it's also now easier to service the units.  Finally, from the supplied photos, it appears the old rocker switch for on/off is now a push button.

The reason for the new housing, could be that the ssd is no longer above the NUC, but next to the NUC! So you would have more space in the height for larger SSD or HDD. According to Roon, nothing is changed about the CPUs. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
On my firewall I had a few multicast and broadcast pakets, I did now a filter which all packets from devi and rock server to 224.0.0.0/8 239.0.0.0/8 and broadcast drop away. Switched the devialet back to 1gb and currently I do not have any issue. I‘ll test some more days and give then another feedback.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Interesting... when you say firewall, do you mean the firewall on your router? If so, which router? Looking forward to hearing more.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Still working fine, my firewall is a pfsense

(26-Sep-2019, 21:43)mdconnelly Wrote: Interesting... when you say firewall, do you mean the firewall on your router? If so, which router? Looking forward to hearing more.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Quite strange. Does multicast behave differently on 100Mbps vs 1000?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Problem is back after a few days, sorry for this false positive.

(01-Oct-2019, 18:41)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: Problem is back after a few days, sorry for this false positive.

Hi,
I have had also issues with the file is loading slow but only on Tidal music not from my NAS. I did read a comment on a forum that he had same difficulties with Roon and he did not use Devialet, he had figured out that if he did log out from Tidal in the Roon app and log in again it did make the file is loading disappear for a while. So I did try that and now it´s really long time ago I had file is loading slow appear  Rolleyes
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
I'm now trying a new setup, Roon Rock is connected to Devialet via a native VLAN. Both devices are connected with 100Mb/s. Roon Rock is additionally connected via WiFi to be able to stream Tidal, e.g. Roon App can connect. Let's see....