Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
So, I gave up and bought a Raspberry Pi 4, installed a Roon Bridge and attached it to the Devialet via USB. Everything is working fine since 5 days! No dropouts, no audio file is loading slowly and what kind of errors occurred.
A quick question for Devialet Pro users of ROON READY. If I have both WiFi and Ethernet enabled in the configurator and select ROON READY as the source (and have an Ethernet cable connected to the Dev from my endpoint) how will the signal get to the Dev - WIFI or Cable? Is there a way to check this? The source used to indicate ETH but no more.

Have used ROON READY up till now with just WiFi but want to check the sound quality with the new EtherRegen with an Ethernet cable. (and I don’t want to disable the WIFI).

Anyone?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
You can’t have both Ethernet and WiFi enabled on the Pro models. It’s one or the other. If you select Ethernet, for instance, then WiFi is disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I haven’t tested it yet but my configuration (from August) on the Dev web site shows both active. Guess I’ll just have to try it out - my concern was/is how do I know which it is?
New England
USA
Hey Dan,

if ethernet is connected to Expert Pro, than WiFi is technical of by Expert Pro,. In you disconnect the ethernet, than WIFI will work.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(21-Nov-2019, 01:59)Dan Wrote: I haven’t tested it yet but my configuration (from August) on the Dev web site shows both active. Guess I’ll just have to try it out - my concern was/is how do I know which it is?
Dan, I think if you have an Ethernet cable connected to the Devialet and Ethernet is enabled in the configuration file, then Ethernet will be active.  If you do not have an Ethernet cable connected to the Devialet and WiFi is enabled, then WiFi will be active.  I believe that is the way to know what is happening.  There may be something on the device and remote display but I'm not sure.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
You should also be able to login to your router and it will tell you if that IP address is connected via wifi or ethernet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Folks, I've been pinging Devialet Support every couple months about this "audio file loading slowly" bug that keeps RAAT from working well on gigabit ethernet.    Well, my last ticket ultimately resulted in a response that should not be surprising yet is quite dismaying....

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid to tell you, and they said that currently, the RAAT issue is not into the investigation by the engineering team. I'm not able to guess when it will be solved.

Thank you for your understanding.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Although not surprising, that is just plain pathetic. It is very clear they have moved on from the expert product line. And the saddest part is I can’t help but think that we (who paid up for the Pro/CI upgrade and all its promise) funded their move away from the experts.......
New England
USA
(21-Nov-2019, 22:08)Dan Wrote: Although not surprising, that is just plain pathetic. It is very clear they have moved on from the expert product line. And the saddest part is I can’t help but think that we (who paid up for the Pro/CI upgrade and all its promise) funded their move away from the experts.......

Very sad, but probably very true also... Sad