Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
mmhh ?

I am back from holidays and plugged in the power cable and the ethernet cable in my Expert. Result with Roon: heavy noises, slowly loading" message and music stops. After that the Expert disappeared in Roon with RAAT; Roon Air was still there but didn´t worked. Spotify Connect and UPnP also didn´t worked.

All other devices in the network worked without problems - except my Phantoms but only with Roon - no sound. Changing the ethernet connection didn´t help.

No ethernet network connection was possible to start the web-configuration.

Then I started the Expert without my SD-configuration (SAM enabled) and the Expert worked without problems with ethernet and/or WLAN. Next I tried to start it again with my SD-card configuration. Same problem with ethernet - the Expert disappeared from the network. Then I plugged ethernet cable off and used WLAN with my SD configuration - result: the Expert was coming back in the network and worked since 3h without problems with my SD card configuration, Spotify Connect and UPnP.

I havn´t changed the SD card configuration and it worked before, but with the slowly loading bug. Now it seems that the ethernet SD configuration is completely broken.

I am not sure if this is a further ethernet problem with the Expert. Any opinions ?
Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Mytek Bridge, B&W 607, Pro-Ject Amp, Audirvana
I wonder if somehow your config file got corrupted... Have you tried rechecking/regenerating it from the Devialet website configurator?

The "slowly loading..." error has been there ever since Roon RAAT was first supported in the latest Devialet DOS/firmware. No update on that (from Roon nor Devialet).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon Labs music streaming
Durham, NC USA
As I previously mentioned, I opened another ticket with Devialet inquiring as to the status of this issue.   The response I received is disheartening and lacking any further insight....  The response from Harp...

"I am very sorry to inform you that nothing new on our side yet ! "

So I do hope someone has the opportunity to pose the question to Matthieu Pernot at the upcoming UK dealer events in July.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon Labs music streaming
Durham, NC USA
I'm happy with things as they are, wifi works great! I'm worried that if they fix the 1GB wired problem, they may break wifi in the process Big Grin
(28-Jun-2019, 16:04)mdconnelly Wrote: The response from Harp...

"I am very sorry to inform you that nothing new on our side yet ! "

They're more secretive than Apple. Poor Mr. Harp will probably find out at the same time as us, with the press release.
Not directly related to the Devialet issue, but this might give ideas as to what is going on. SOtM have released a new firmware update for the sMS-200. This includes settings to select 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T. There is also an auto negotiation on / off setting.

I tried this with Roon this morning. What I have found is that with Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "on" selected, I get a bright green light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is actually running 1000BASE-T. Everything works perfectly in terms of stutter free playback. I can then switch to Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "off", I get an orange light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is running 100BASE-T, Roon does not work, with stuttering then the "an audio file is loading slowly" error message.

As another observation @octaviars has just posted on the AS forum that he can run 100BASE-T and auto negotiation off without issue, whereas I get "an audio file is loading slowly", he is running Roon ROCK on a NUC, I am running a Windows PC. I wonder what is actually making the difference?

Quite how this relates to the Devialet RAAT issue I am not quite sure, but it might give some clues?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - SOtM sMS-200Ultra Neo - tX-USBultra - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Jun-2019, 11:56)Confused Wrote: Not directly related to the Devialet issue, but this might give ideas as to what is going on.  SOtM have released a new firmware update for the sMS-200.  This includes settings to select 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T.  There is also an auto negotiation on / off setting.

I tried this with Roon this morning.  What I have found is that with Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "on" selected, I get a bright green light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is actually running 1000BASE-T.  Everything works perfectly in terms of stutter free playback.  I can then switch to Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "off", I get an orange light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is running 100BASE-T, Roon does not work, with stuttering then the "an audio file is loading slowly" error message.

As another observation @octaviars has just posted on the AS forum that he can run 100BASE-T and auto negotiation off without issue, whereas I get "an audio file is loading slowly", he is running Roon ROCK on a NUC, I am running a Windows PC.  I wonder what is actually making the difference?

Quite how this relates to the Devialet RAAT issue I am not quite sure, but it might give some clues?

Hello Confused, I have experienced the same with MacMini and Roon Rock! Sad
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ly?page=12
# 120 / #125
Devialet 220Pro/CI, B&W 802 D3, Linn Klimax DS/Katalyst, Burmester 089 CD, Melco N1ZS/2A + D100, Cable Audioquest (NRG-10,Diamond,K2,Yukon,Coffee etc.), iPad-Pro, KECES P8 Dual, Qobuz Studio, AQVOX-SE Switch
IsoTek: 2 x EVO3 Genesis One, EVO3 Titan One, EVO3 Syncro 
Roon: Nucleus+, Roon-Rock (Intel Nuc7i7bnh,RAM 16GB), Roon Lifetime                                                                                                                
Germany / Bavaria