Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon air wifi connection problem
The original D-Premier hasn't got an ethernet port, just wifi. But the HDMI port should work as long as the OS is not hiding it.... or a Pi+DigiOne which will provide both RAAT and ethernet. Cheap too..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(27-Oct-2019, 21:01)h9151105 Wrote:
(26-Oct-2019, 06:35)Drifter Wrote: I used to have an Apple Airport Extreme. At that time Air was not yet integrated into Roon and I had a lot of drop out issues.
The problem was fixed when 3 things happened (1) I threw the AirPort Extreme out and replaced it with an Asus router (2) the CI board was installed (3) Air became part of Roon. It is difficult to say which was the change that ultimately solved the issue.
If you can start by trying a different router and make sure you disable any wifi airtime fairness settings.
https://routerguide.net/airtime-fairness-on-or-off/

Which model of asus?
RT-AC88

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
What is your dBm with Asus?
Respectfully if you are able to have your Devialet that close to a wireless router, I don't think purchasing a new router will make much of a different. I wonder if you are getting interference from other wireless networks (neighbors) nearby? This article provides some guidance on how to determine best channel to set your router.

https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-...ng-system/

I had an Airport Extreme and it worked fine, I do now have an ASUS RT-1900 and that works great too. Bear in mind this was with a Devialet 200 than 440 than 440 Pro, so it has slightly more sophisticated capabilities, including support for ethernet and better wireless support.

I wish I had better answers for you, I know it must be super frustrating.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I guess the wifi capabilities of the D-Premier is rather primitive compared to 200/400/440. It's sensitive to the access point used and a different AP may be better. I remember Devialet talking about AirPort Express, not the Extreme. That Express is now long discontinued and today's revision is probably also 'difficult' with D-Premier.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
FYI: found a picture of the D-Premier wifi card from 2014. The wifi chip used is Redpine Signals RS9110-N-24-01.
There is a PDF here: https://www.redpinesignals.com/pdfs/data...aSheet.pdf The more technically inclined may be able to use info from the PDF to optimise transmission.
Devialetless!
I already bought an asus rt ac88u monster router and paid a lot of money. Overall wireless performance at home increased. Unfortunetly no big change in dbm for devialet. Should I say that the wireless connection of devialet is sh.t and I will never ever reach under -30 db or should I make some changes in settings
One off the changes that comes with the CI board upgrade is that your amp comes back with a wifi antenna sticking out of the back of it under the hood. I could never get good wifi reception with my 130 when I first got it, back in the days before the CI board, and ended up using an Apple Airport Extreme as a wifi extender near the amp and connecting to it via ethernet. When I got the amp back after it received its CI board upgrade I tried wifi again, just for the hell of it, and got better reception but went back to the ethernet connection anyway.

Why would Devialet add an external wifi antenna as part of the CI board if the internal antenna setup they had previously been using was effective? The answer, of course, is that they wouldn't so your assessment of the wireless connection on your amp is almost certainly correct. You can possibly fix it with the CI board upgrade but it's a hell of a lot of money if all you're chasing is a wifi fix.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(30-Oct-2019, 17:15)h9151105 Wrote: I already bought an asus rt ac88u monster router and paid a lot of money. Overall wireless performance at home increased.  Unfortunetly no big change in dbm for devialet. Should I say that the wireless connection of devialet is sh.t and I will never ever reach under -30 db or should I make some changes in settings
Quote:If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Sadly I think you are finding a limitation in the Premier. It's unfortunate that Devialet support has not been able to provide a recommendation to resolve the issue. I don't think there is a great solution short of the more expensive one of upgrading the unit such that the WIFI capabilities are improved and you gain an ethernet port.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
As I've said before... a Pi+DigiOne is a cheap and good workaround. The 3B+ supports 2.4 and 5GHz too if you insist on wifi. With Ropieee or RopieeeXL it should be plain sailing. The D-Premier is still a fab amp so it's definitely worth the effort.
Devialetless!