Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon air wifi connection problem
(28-Oct-2019, 19:27)h9151105 Wrote: What is your dBm with Asus?
As I run DOS and the latest version of the firmware, I think the wifi strength indicator is different to what you have (if I recall the non CI amps are still on old firmware).
If I cycle through the setup screens my wifi strength bars are at 100%.
My router is about 10 meters from Devialet (in a different room) and there is a significant brick and mortar wall between the router and amp. 
I have no issues streaming wifi over Air.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
The D-Premier supports only the 2.4GHz WiFi frequency range. The Expert Pro with CI module installed supports both 2.4 and 5GHz. The latter offers higher bandwidth and there’s more available channels so less risk for interference from neighboring WiFi. It’s also shorter range but this can often be an advantage interference wise. The 2.4GHz band is rather over crowded and is also susceptible to interference from other devices like baby monitors, faulty microwave ovens, Zigbee lighting, Bluetooth etc. etc.

-30dB is quite good. Back in the day when my Expert was still a D-Premier I had similar strength with a router nearby and even though I checked for the least crowded channel with InSSider (freeware tool back then) I did occasionally experience dropouts. There’s really not much you can do except for what you did, so place the WiFi router/accesspoint near to the Devialet and find a tool like InSSIDer which shows which Wifi networks are close to you and then find the channel with the least strong networks and change your Wifi router to that channel (channel 1, 6 or 11). Most routers do this automatically btw but it’s not always reliable especially since routers are continually adapting their transmitting power.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I'm using a Dpremier with Roon air wifi, core is a MacPro
running Catalina ... works faultlessly via my basic BT hub which is 15ft from the Dpremier and provides
 a steady 60 mbps. Those suggesting your Dpremier is the roadblock should be discounted. I'm glad I kept mine given Roon came along, it would have been replaced were the phono not deadly silent in comparison to the Expert pro's and to me it needs a 250 to get anywhere near the sound.

I'm now investigating Tidal hifi and how to connect router to D Premier for best results. Trying to avoid more boxes so any work around will hopefully not take up a rack space.
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 
I am quite certain it's possible to stream high-rez to the D-Premier wifi. It's finding the right router AND configuring the optimal wifi settings that is the challenge.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I thought that I can buy a nuc Computer with HDMI output and install Roon Rock. Can I get decent sound over HDMI ports from NUC? What do you think?
Yes, as Rock is Linux it should work and sound great. I have no experience with Rock (but use Roon core on Linux) and have never used HDMI so let's hope someone using this connection will chime in.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Did you get HDMI to work from your Windows PC?
Devialetless!
ogs Wrote:Did you get HDMI to work from your Windows PC?

Nope Sad
I hope Rock will see the Nuc hdmi connections as endpoint
(07-Nov-2019, 11:31)h9151105 Wrote: I hope Rock will see the Nuc hdmi connections as endpoint

This would be a good question for Roon support.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US