Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon can't find devialet
(25-Jan-2021, 15:43)Elztalbiker Wrote: Disconnect the power cable from the 220 for 10 seconds

This happens to fix it at that moment. Should it be helpfull to prevent if from happening?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
From time to time, my Dev loose the network and than I’m switch power off and on all works fine again

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I think this just happens from time to time with Roon and the Devialet . I get this at times too and always have hod this issue . It’s annoying but resetting my roon core always solves it
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The same here.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Update: i also activated Devialet Air in Roon and the thing is: when Roon loses contact with the Devialet through the air protocol, is still had contact with the Devialet through the air protocol.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(27-Jan-2021, 13:48)KraaijCheck Wrote: Update: i also activated Devialet Air in Roon and the thing is: when Roon loses contact with the Devialet through the air protocol, is still had contact with the Devialet through the air protocol.

Had some faith the problem was solved by using Air, but Air also stopt sometimes and rhen Roon says “lost control over device”

Any one alse that has problems using a 1000mbps switch? Some say the Devialet has problems with these switches.

(28-Jan-2021, 07:17)KraaijCheck Wrote: Any one alse that has problems using a 1000mbps switch? Some say the Devialet has problems with these switches.

Lots of people were having problems with it when the update which provided RAAT was released in February 2019. That is very well documented in a number of threads here. Devialet's suggestions for dealing with the issue were to slow the ethernet connection speed to 100 mbps, swap to wifi, or use Roon AIR rather than Devialet.

The most recent FW update for the Expert series said that it provided improvements with RAAT and it would seem that RAAT is working somewhat better as a result but Devialet have not said that the problem is fixed and there are still reports of problems.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
It's not just Roon and RAAT - UPnP also has some (minor) issues with Gbit LAN.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Guys, getting extremely frustrated by this problem. Some days, several times the Devialet disappears in Roon using RAAT. What did i already try:
- Setting fixed ip adress to the Roon Core and Devialet
- Full factory reset of my router
- Trying another switch where i set the devialet port on 100mb
- Trying another ethernet cable
- Formatting de SD cart en made a new configuration
I'm probably forgetting other stuff i tried, but the problem is still there

Emailed with Devialet support but this takes ages. I don't feel confident they are able to help me.