Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon can't find devialet
I've had my Expert Pro Roon Ready connection completely disappear from Roon and I've had it simply stop working. But in both cases, Roon AIR still worked as did other inputs on my Expert Pro. In both cases, only a full power cycle of my Expert Pro resolved the problem. Power cycling Roon or any network gear made no difference. Now, this occurs very infrequently for me and not reproducable. Still, it leads me to believe that the Devialet firmware/OS update this past fall makes RAAT somewhat less stable.

@KraaijCheck - not sure if you're having the same issue but you didn't mention power-cycling your 220 Pro.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(06-Feb-2021, 18:43)mdconnelly Wrote: I've had my Expert Pro Roon Ready connection completely disappear from Roon and I've had it simply stop working.  But in both cases, Roon AIR still worked as did other inputs on my Expert Pro.  In both cases, only a full power cycle of my Expert Pro resolved the problem.  Power cycling Roon or any network gear made no difference.  Now, this occurs very infrequently for me and not reproducable.  Still, it leads me to believe that the Devialet firmware/OS update this past fall makes RAAT somewhat less stable. 

@KraaijCheck - not sure if you're having the same issue but you didn't mention power-cycling your 220 Pro.

Thanks for your answer. Yes i did several power-cyclings on my D220. I even did a factory reset en installed the latest firmware again. Nothing seems to help. Roon Air is also not 100% stable. With Air it can stop playing and will say "device in use". Huh
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Roon 1.8 is coming! 

Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th.

Maybe the problems will be solved with 1.8! Cross your fingers! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
My Devialet keeps losing connection with the network. Tried every possible setup, but nothing seems to work.
Some days it works fine, but some days is is terrible. Yesterday the D220 lost 6 times connection to the network! When i take the power of the D220 en power it back on, the connection is back. When the D220 loses connection i can still stream from Roon to some Sonos speakers that i have. I am 100% sure it is nog network related but a Devialet problem.

I gonna try a Limetree Bridge next week to work around this problem.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(28-Mar-2021, 07:31)KraaijCheck Wrote: My Devialet keeps losing connection with the network. Tried every possible setup, but nothing seems to work.
Some days it works fine, but some days is is terrible. Yesterday the D220 lost 6 times connection to the network! When i take the power of the D220 en power it back on, the connection is back. When the D220 loses connection i can still stream from Roon to some Sonos speakers that i have. I am 100% sure it is nog network related but a Devialet problem.

I gonna try a Limetree Bridge next week to work around this problem.
How did you go? Did this fix the problem?
This is SO annoying- sublime music then BLAM! Rubbish!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I have a different Roon core (Rhein Z1) and it happens les often! Devialet will send me an other D220 so i can compare it directly to my D220.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
So i received a few months ago a loan D220 to test my issue. I still have the same problems. Playing with Roon RAAT every day my D220 disappears once of more often in Roon for a few minutes and then comes back. When i use Roon Air is says "Device in Use" at the same time. Roon stays available at those times and i can keep playing music to my Sonos speakers in the garden, bedroom etc. I really don't know what could be the problem here. Could it be something in between my internet modem and the D220 that forces this problem that only the D220 experiences this???
Hi Guys, i was dealing with this problem for almost a year now. Tried a lot is thing but nothing seems to work. Last week in a facebook group somebody said: take your Sonos speakers of the network because they can mess it up. And what do you think…..since then no problems anymore! I had two Sonos speakers on ethernet en two on wifi. I now will test with leaving them of the ethernet en only use wifi because my D220 en Rhein Z1 are only on ethernet. For now this seems te work.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk