Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
I was asked to withdraw my posting .. which I did .. I obviously have seen beta testing messages .. I know a few beta testers..I think I was included by mistake
At any rate..I dont think its fake news .. I would be thrilled if roon sees my devialet as an endpoint the same way it sees my squeezebox..finally AIR as it should be....we shall wait and see
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
We just need to hope now that Devialet don't break AIR when they bring out the streamer board or in some future firmware update, either intentionally or otherwise ?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I am struggling to understand what 'Roon AIR' might offer that traditional Devialet AIR does not. Consider that if you run a PC 'bit perfect using WASAPI' (or the Mac equivalent), this is effectively bypassing any processing in the PC, so what difference does it make?

Maybe Linux compatibility? Maybe the new streamer board runs Linux and the projects are linked? (although I'm guessing this is a Roon initiative only)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The way I read this, the Devialet AIR "virtual sound card" driver on the PC/Mac would not be used as Roon would talk directly to the Devialet using the AIR protocol. That might bring some reliability improvements, at least to the extent that it's the host-based AIR driver that causes glitches, white noise, etc. (which isn't proven as far as I know).

If nothing else, having an independent way to stream via AIR to the Devialet would be great for future-proofing, and perhaps it would help to tie down where any remaining reliability problems with AIR are lurking.

Fingers definitely crossed here Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I'm planning to move my Roon installation over to the new ROCK platform when it's ready. I was expecting to still have to keep a windows pc (my old nuc) running to host roonbridge and AIR but the native support for AIR will remove that need.

Hopefully this should lead to the most reliable streaming I've yet had since I embarked on that road 7-8 years ago with a squeezebox!

Here's hoping?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(14-May-2017, 08:37)Confused Wrote: I am struggling to understand what 'Roon AIR' might offer that traditional Devialet AIR does not.  Consider that if you run a PC 'bit perfect using WASAPI' (or the Mac equivalent), this is effectively bypassing any processing in the PC, so what difference does it make?

Maybe Linux compatibility?  Maybe the new streamer board runs Linux and the projects are linked?  (although I'm guessing this is a Roon initiative only)

Traditional Devialet AIR is Win/MAC only. Many do not use either and personally I'd never play music from a laptop on a regular basis.  It remains to find out if SQ is on par with microRendu/Sms200 and the Mutec. And now we have 'ultra' versions of both streamers coming too.
One thing is certain; Roon direct to Devialet will be much cheaper than  solutions with streamers and re-clockers. And much less clutter if that matters.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(14-May-2017, 09:29)ogs Wrote:
(14-May-2017, 08:37)Confused Wrote: I am struggling to understand what 'Roon AIR' might offer that traditional Devialet AIR does not.  Consider that if you run a PC 'bit perfect using WASAPI' (or the Mac equivalent), this is effectively bypassing any processing in the PC, so what difference does it make?

Maybe Linux compatibility?  Maybe the new streamer board runs Linux and the projects are linked?  (although I'm guessing this is a Roon initiative only)

Traditional Devialet AIR is Win/MAC only. Many do not use either and personally I'd never play music from a laptop on a regular basis.  It remains to find out if SQ is on par with microRendu/Sms200 and the Mutec. And now we have 'ultra' versions of both streamers coming too.

One thing is certain; Roon direct to Devialet will be much cheaper than  solutions with streamers and re-clockers. And much less clutter if that matters.

I agree many of us bought into the Devialet 'one box solution' but have had to, because of AIR problems, look elsewhere, I now have an  SOtM SMS-200 and am looking to get the ISO Regen.But if I could just run Ethernet directly from Mac to Devialet d400 then happy days, as long of course if the sound quality is up to the level of my current setup.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK

I asume Roon is looking at their ROCK project and wants us with Devialets to be able to use ROCK and Devialet directly without the need for PC or MAC to run AIR.

My concern with this is what happens if Devialet changes something in the AIR protocoll on the amps and in the software....does the Roon solution stop working and we have to wait for them to come out with a new patch to fix it......

This seems really intresting but also a bit risky....... we that run HQ Player cant benefit from this so not much to do about that more than give the Roon/Devialet solution a try Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(14-May-2017, 10:44)octaviars Wrote: My concern with this is what happens if Devialet changes something in the AIR protocoll on the amps and in the software....does the Roon solution stop working and we have to wait for them to come out with a new patch to fix it......

I know who I'd rather wait for.... Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I'm going to apologise up front here.. sorry for the newbie question and hijacking this thread!

With what everyone is talking about here, if it happens would it mean i could use my iphone/ipad to control roon and i wouldn't need roon core on my macbook? The Devialet would be all that is required?

I am already using roon on my macbook which sends the stream direct to my devialet, so what will be the advantage? I have a modded sonos connect as well as a mutec.. if i could merely use a roon controller and the devialet only that would be a big plus. No more additional boxes Smile