Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
@Confused - I alternate using the xtr, ext, and hb settings of the poly sinc family - since I got the CI bd back have been enjoying the hb setting. Dither is always ns9. I have to say I don’t here a ton of differences between them - which is why every now and then I switch around.

The irony of the CI bd having a problem with ROON/AIR and changing sample rates is that my system had this same problem (before the CI bd) when I used HQP. But, after a beautiful back and forth on the ROON forum between folks from ROON and HQP - they figured it out - right before everyone’s eyes - I had no idea what they were talking about. Now HQP works great (no stoppage between different track sample rates) and ROON/AIR is broken....I guess it’s always something!
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
I´m a bit lost here.
I´ve more than three monts without music.

Now, i´ve the Dev already with the CI, but i can´t manage to put Roon working with the Dev.
I missed something.
Any help?
(21-Dec-2017, 18:12)BoyScout Wrote: I´m a bit lost here.

Now, i´ve the Dev already with the CI, but i can´t manage to put Roon working with the Dev.
I missed something.
Any help?

When my amps returned, it was simply a matter of re-enabling the amps as a possible output, on this page: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Audio_Setup_Basics
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Dec-2017, 02:08)Axel Wrote:
(21-Dec-2017, 18:12)BoyScout Wrote: I´m a bit lost here.

I missed something.
Any help?

When my amps returned, it was simply a matter of re-enabling the amps as a possible output, on this page: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Audio_Setup_Basics

Thanks,
It´s working but only with the eth cable.
Before, i didn´t used it and worked very well.
There´s something i need to set properlym right?
I just updated to Roon 1.4 (294) and notice an unpleasant bug that has been mentioned here. Whenever changing from an album playing to another album with different resolution, my Devialet Pro stops playing.

Changing from an album to another with the same resolution is fine.

I observe this problem for the first time in Roon versions.

It seems that something makes the Devialet disconnect and I need to switch through inputs on the amp to make it stream again.

D1000 Pro & CI bd.
No issue of this nature with the new Roon 294 version on good old D200. The trouble is probably on the Devialet side...
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
(22-Dec-2017, 19:55)Alec_eiffel Wrote: No issue of this nature with the new Roon 294 version on good old D200. The trouble is probably on the Devialet side...

I’m pretty sure it’s an AIR bug with the new board.

I have tried upsampling everything to the same rate but it doesn't Always work.

Hoping for a fix soon, in the meantime, it’s a bit like vinyl, having to start each track when the album changes!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(22-Dec-2017, 19:55)Alec_eiffel Wrote: No issue of this nature with the new Roon 294 version on good old D200. The trouble is probably on the Devialet side...

That’s one hell of an assumption!

Oh no, my mistake, you were talking about Devialet. As you were! (No need for the probably I’m sure) Big Grin

Chris, I admire your outlook! I’m genuinely sorry for anyone having issues with their beloved systems, and seriously hope you get a fix, but soon? Mmmmmmm, you’ve been here long enough to know better.....

If you were likely to get a fix soon, you’d also have likely received an upgraded hardware board with software, firmware, and supporting Apps fully tested and working at launch....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Dec-2017, 00:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Chris, I admire your outlook! I’m genuinely sorry for anyone having issues with their beloved systems, and seriously hope you get a fix, but soon?  Mmmmmmm, you’ve been here long enough to know better.....

Of course you’re right, I should know better.

They did fix AIR eventually and have said they will implement RAAT sometime so, I should have said, hopefully they’ll fix it eventually!

If it isn’t soon I may go the Allo route like you did until it is sorted.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I still thoroughly recommend the Allo. It’s the best value piece of hifi I’ve ever bought, and makes me completely uninterested in a CI upgrade until I understand what the overall picture for the Devialet ecosystem with it is (assuming Devialet even know themselves) and see that all the planned features are there and everything’s working smoothly.....

So I figure I’m going to be waiting a while, but until the CI has RAAT I’ll be using the Allo anyway, so really not too interested to mess with it. I’m guessing they’ll have a v2 of the board by the time I upgrade!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<