Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
(22-Dec-2017, 19:44)Mohmm Wrote: I just updated to Roon 1.4 (294) and notice an unpleasant bug that has been mentioned here. Whenever changing from an album playing to another album with different resolution, my Devialet Pro stops playing.

Changing from an album to another with the same resolution is fine.

I observe this problem for the first time in Roon versions.

It seems that something makes the Devialet disconnect and I need to switch through inputs on the amp to make it stream again.

D1000 Pro & CI bd.

Hi Mohmm,
I had this exact problem with my NAS Roon Server playing to my D220 when I was using the Devialet AIR driver on my Mac, along with the Devialet AIR device in Roon.  (see pic 1)

When I switched to using the Networked Devialet device in Roon (and I believe Roon's Air implementation), this problem disappeared completely for me.  (see pic 2)

The other benefit for me under this option is that I don't have to mess with the Devialet Air driver in the usual way.  The only negative I have found so far is that I sometimes have the issue of playing just stopping at the end of a track.  For example, when I shuffle an artist, Roon plays a given track perfectly, but then just stops at the end, requiring me to hit ff.  I have not fully diagnosed or solved this, and it does not happen when playing an album- just during broader playback...not sure what's going on.  

Hope this helps
- Mike
(23-Dec-2017, 18:27)ChicagoStreamer Wrote:
(22-Dec-2017, 19:44)Mohmm Wrote: I just updated to Roon 1.4 (294) and notice an unpleasant bug that has been mentioned here. Whenever changing from an album playing to another album with different resolution, my Devialet Pro stops playing.

It seems that something makes the Devialet disconnect and I need to switch through inputs on the amp to make it stream again.

D1000 Pro & CI bd.

Hi Mohmm,
I had this exact problem with my NAS Roon Server playing to my D220 when I was using the Devialet AIR driver on my Mac, along with the Devialet AIR device in Roon.  (see pic 1)

When I switched to using the Networked Devialet device in Roon (and I believe Roon's Air implementation), this problem disappeared completely for me.  (see pic 2)

The other benefit for me under this option is that I don't have to mess with the Devialet Air driver in the usual way.  The only negative I have found so far is that I sometimes have the issue of playing just stopping at the end of a track.  For example, when I shuffle an artist, Roon plays a given track perfectly, but then just stops at the end, requiring me to hit ff.  I have not fully diagnosed or solved this, and it does not happen when playing an album- just during broader playback...not sure what's going on.  

Hope this helps
- Mike

I understand your solution, thanks. But I must use Roon and AIR separately because between the two I run my trusted Dirac DRC. So I point Roon to Dirac and Dirac to AIR.

Probably I will have to reconsider this setup and use Roon's convolver instead of Dirac.

All these things are very unpleasant issues indeed. I JUST want to listen.
(23-Dec-2017, 18:27)ChicagoStreamer Wrote:

D1000 Pro & CI bd.

Hi Mohmm,

Hope this helps
- Mike

The problem seems to occur when playing files of a different bit rate. Going from say, 192/24 to 44.1/16 the playback will stop and have to be advanced manually. Hopefully this will be addressed in future firmware updates.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
What seems weird is that resampling everything in Roon to the same rate doesn’t seem to help for me.

I would have thought the Devialet would see everything as the same frequency and not stop?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
One useful feature that I have discovered after upgrading to Roon 1.4 is one touch capability: On your remote (I use an iPad) and with the D in completely off state, open Roon, choose a track or radio station etc. Press the play button. This turns on the amp, selects the Air input and plays whatever you have selected. All with just one button press. Neat Cool!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Dec-2017, 04:46)Axel Wrote: One useful feature that I have discovered after upgrading to Roon 1.4 is one touch capability: On your remote (I use an iPad) and with the D in completely off state, open Roon, choose a track or radio station etc. Press the play button. This turns on the amp, selects the Air input and plays whatever you have selected. All with just one button press. Neat Cool!

Very neat. This feature had been here since October by the way, in the latest 1.3 updates.
Also : if the amp is ON and another source is selected (like TV, Phono...), pressing Play in Roon automatically switched the amp to the Roon Air input. With volume controls and power ON/OFF in Roon, you can operate without the remote.
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
(27-Dec-2017, 04:46)Axel Wrote: One useful feature that I have discovered after upgrading to Roon 1.4 is one touch capability: On your remote (I use an iPad) and with the D in completely off state, open Roon, choose a track or radio station etc. Press the play button. This turns on the amp, selects the Air input and plays whatever you have selected. All with just one button press. Neat Cool!

Axel - are you sure about this ? With the amplifier fully off, it disappears from the Roon menu, and can no longer be selected. Did you mean the standby state? Or, am I missing something?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(27-Dec-2017, 11:26)Zappydev Wrote:

Axel - are you sure about this ? With the amplifier fully off, it disappears from the Roon menu, and can no longer be selected. Did you mean the standby state? Or, am I missing something?
Positive. Alec says it’s been available since the final upgrade to 1.3. When you start Roon, with the Devialet fully off, it shows up in the menu of available endpoints.
South Coast England
My bad - I guess this is a CI feature.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(27-Dec-2017, 17:02)Zappydev Wrote: My bad - I guess this is a CI feature.

Yes, I think you are right. I thought it was because of the Roon update, but it wasn’t.
South Coast England