Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready device with AES output?
Anything outside the Auralic Aries?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(14-Apr-2016, 19:03)Dr Tone Wrote: Anything outside the Auralic Aries?

Totaldac d1, not Roon certified yet though.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
All the suggestions I've seen so far are a bit on the overkill side.

Is there no simple streaming box with digital passthrough via AES to plug into to the Devialet? I assume Roonready probably complicates things.

Someone should get on this, my money is ready.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(14-Apr-2016, 20:11)Dr Tone Wrote: All the suggestions I've seen so far are a bit on the overkill side.

Is there no simple streaming box with digital passthrough via AES to plug into to the Devialet?  I assume Roonready probably complicates things.

You've seen other suggestions?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Apr-2016, 20:37)Confused Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 20:11)Dr Tone Wrote: All the suggestions I've seen so far are a bit on the overkill side.

Is there no simple streaming box with digital passthrough via AES to plug into to the Devialet?  I assume Roonready probably complicates things.

You've seen other suggestions?

Meridian.  But suggestions stopped once I said 24/192 and DSD64 were a requirement.

I really want to keep my USB port open for needle drops to my laptop. After being psyched about roonbridge for Windows, I quickly remember how finicky the USB driver was with Roon and that hasn't improved.

Now I want a small dedicated streaming device to plug into the AES/EBU port. Or I could dream big and wish AIR worked properly.

Maybe a 2 box solution is the only option...

Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE and a Hydra-Z? How long before the microRendu is available to order?

2 boxes solution?!? Maybe you should give AIR another go. The point of using Devialet is to reduce the number of boxes, isn't it? Big Grin Big Grin

Yes, I know, I know. AIR can be tough to be 'tamed'. But, if you can make it work, it is worth it, in my opinion.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(15-Apr-2016, 00:59)hk6230 Wrote: 2 boxes solution?!? Maybe you should give AIR another go. The point of using Devialet is to reduce the number of boxes, isn't it?  Big Grin  Big Grin

Yes, I know, I know. AIR can be tough to be 'tamed'. But, if you can make it work, it is worth it, in my opinion.

I bought the Devialet because of how it sounded and what it did for the low end of my speakers.

#AirIsAJoke. No one should waste a minutes time on it plus I like sending DSD64 to the Devialet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Airisajoke&s=typd

I'm sorry AIR doesn't work for you. BTW, DSD64 works on AIR.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier