Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed.
I'm retired and have all the time in the world. If there's little-to-no potential for damage, only takes a few minutes, costs nothing, wastes no consumables tho admittedly a messy and imprecise long-shot yet simultaneously has the statistical potential of being worse, about the same or potentially better than the speaker it was designed for. Other than a few minutes per profile where's the minus in satisfying a curiosity? It can always be put back in short order and sometimes ya jus get lucky! How could I not throw at least an attempt or two at it!?! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Haha sure and I won't stop you of course! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
LOL, Everyday's Saturday so do I wanna paint that utility room today or play with the hifi... Hmmmm tough choice ;-)

**UPDATE** I'm moving this over to the more appropriate speaker forum.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Wasn't sure which thread to post this but just an update for those with Martin Logans that have powered woofers e.g. Ethos etc. and SAM V2... unfortunately in the words of Devialet themselves this morning...

These speakers are not unfortunately compatible with the SAM process at the moment;

Should this become different one day, we will of course informe you.

So there you go!
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
(15-Jun-2015, 12:20)Tony Wrote: Wasn't sure which thread to post this but just an update for those with Martin Logans that have powered woofers e.g. Ethos etc. and SAM V2... unfortunately in the words of Devialet themselves this morning...

These speakers are not unfortunately compatible with the SAM process at the moment;

Should this become different one day, we will of course informe you.

So there you go!

This should not really be a surprise since SAM is mostly 'playing' below 150 Hz I believe and that's probably a frequency band where the powered woofers is already operating, therefore defeating how SAM would be working.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
My Living Voice OBX-R2 has just been SAMmed. Looking forward for the driver to be uploaded.
My zu soul superfly mk1b also been SAMed.
Ladies and Gentlemen - I have a request to make. First of all Mr completeluxury - Thank for creating this thread!.

Reading through this thread, SAM team is visiting some Asian countries (not sure if they will visit India), but I m specifically asking if anyone in following countries after China, has KEF 203/2, and a reference is made, then the SAM team would be happy to SAM those speakers.

I wrote email to support team and they asked me if there is any reference I can provide to their SAM team during travel to next following countries (HK, Singapore etc) who might have the KEF 203/2 speakers.

Appreciate any Help!.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Just a quick update of where the SAM team will go next. They Samed my Kharma Exquisite Classique Signature yesterday in Hong Kong. 

The team will be back to Shanghai for the weekend. Depend on Maxime's visa application progress, he may go to Manila as well. 

Afterward, Maxime will kick off his trip to Australia in July. As I hear, most of the major cities are in the list except Brisbane.

He will then go to Singapore and Taiwan. Japan is not in the list for some reason. While Seoul is removed from the list due to MERS.
I understand the devialet dealer here in HK helped devialet to arrange for the KEF blade 2 SAMed 2 days ago in HK at the KEF Hong Kong store. Not sure if there are other arrangements could be made between devialet and KEF. Worth bugging them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk