Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed.
(25-Jun-2015, 10:39)hkychan Wrote: They Samed my Kharma Exquisite Classique Signature yesterday in Hong Kong. 

Fantastic! Good improvement? Please share some pics.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Jun-2015, 10:39)hkychan Wrote: Afterward, Maxime will kick off his trip to Australia in July. As I hear, most of the major cities are in the list except Brisbane.

Hilarious.

Brisbane is the city that the australian distributor is based in!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(25-Jun-2015, 11:38)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(25-Jun-2015, 10:39)hkychan Wrote: They Samed my Kharma Exquisite Classique Signature yesterday in Hong Kong. 

Fantastic! Good improvement? Please share some pics.  Smile

Guillaume

As per Guillaume's request.

Maxime said the behavior of the mid-range and bass unit is quite different. He spent quite a long time to adjust the curve after data collection. He has to adjust a few parameters that he rarely change. 

The end result is once again a better cohesiveness between mid range and the bass. Maxime has not got time to post the official measurement result in the SAM page of devialet web site. I also want to know the improvement in low frequency my speakers can reach with SAM enabled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@hkychan: nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Beautifull set!
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
That's some serious looking speakers! I love the way the absolutely don't blend into the room, quite splendid, this is how it should be. I mean this in a positive way, but you wouldn't miss them when you walked into the room would you?
Incredibly nice set-up! I had no idea the SAM team made private house calls. I thought everyone took their speakers to a pre-arranged, specified location for this service but that looks eerily akin to a private home/residence. And who says Devialet is lacking in customer service!?! ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
According to the following URL of SAM

http://en.devialet.com/speakers/kharma/k...q-cs-2-1-s

SAM push the low freq further down from 25hz to 15hz. Amazing!
Guys, the devialet distributor really dropped the ball here. the SAM lab tour was THIS week!!!!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I found out yesterday that SAMlab is briefly in Melbourne today. I am driving my speakers in to be SAMed. Should be interesting. I'm very excited as there aren't many pairs of my speakers in the world and they are no longer produced so without this opportunity i would never have a SAM profile.

Can anyone tell me whether i need to take both of my speakers or is the calibration only done on one speaker?

Thanks Smile
take both down with you!