Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM profile for Vivid B1 Decade
I recently purchased a used pair of the Vivid B1 Decade speakers.  There is a SAM profile for the B1 but not the special edition Decade, which was only produced in 400 units (200 black and 200 red).  As it's got different specs than the B1, it needs its own SAM profile.

I am curious as to whether anyone on this board has access to the Devialet mobile lab, where the B1 Decade could be measured and receive its own SAM profile.  I know, I know, it's a long, long shot!

Make no mistake: I am thoroughly pleased with the speaker sans the SAM profile.  I just want to experiment with SAM, if possible.

BTW, I have corresponded with @Drifter who also has (and loves) the B1 Decade speaker.  Both our speakers are in glorious red!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
It would indeed be awesome if we can get a SAM profile for the B1Decades.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
+1

I have B1d from December 2015 and still there is no profile for this model.

From Vivid Audio's side I heard the main reason for this was small production number.
Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.
I add my support. Recently joined the Devialet family but notice my Decades aren't SAM'd.
Have no idea (haven't heard) what difference SAM makes but would like to give it a try.
I contacted one of the Vivid Audio principals back in September 2019 about this possibility.  Here's what he had to say:

"We do not really believe the SAM algorithm adds value when used on our 3- and 4-way speakers.  In the main due to the 'over-designed' high levels of linearity (unusual) nature of our speakers.  Interestingly, most owners have communicated they prefer SAM in the off position.  But, of course, this is personal. (The vast majority) of loudspeakers out there utilize the inferior (inexpensive) 'long-coil short-gap' design principle (an over-hung motor).  These drivers are notoriously non linear, especially at higher excursions. You will be amazed to hear that the vast majority of our competitors utilize this inferior technology."
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
simply try the SAM profile of the standard B1. It will probably work fine. If you start with low volumes there is no risk for the speakers. I also tried my Giya G2 with other profiles before the G2 profile was available.
I'm still using SAM with an active room correction (Mathaudio RoomEQ) which gives very good results.
(18-Feb-2020, 19:15)Vivialet Wrote: simply try the SAM profile of the standard B1.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not trying it out.  The B1D has a different crossover and I've been advised elsewhere not to go there with the SAM B1 profile.