Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM support for Krell Resolution series
Hoping that Devialet add the Resolution series of speakers to the SAM list.
i'm obviously asking because I'm using a pair of Resolution 1's & I would love to hear what differences it would make to the big Krells sound
1st= Linn Majik DSM/ iPad > Devialet D200 > Krell Resolution 1's > Townshend Isolation Platforms > Nordost moonglo Spdif & Transparent musicwave SpkRuns. /-/  2nd= Musical Fidelity M1CliC/ iPad > Arcam D33 > Linn Akurate Pre > TriActiv Linn LK140's > Linn Aktiv Keilidhs > Custom Granite double plinths > Solid silver RCA's all round, QED Reference Spdif & Nordost solar wind SpkRuns.
Welcome to the forum!

If you live in France, take one speaker to Paris and have it measured for SAM at Devialet HQ. Or ask Devialet support if there are any plans to include your Krell speakers for SAM. Third option is SAM Lab. If there is a SAM Lab session in your area at some point you can bring one speaker there. At any rate you'd have to contact Devialet support (patience is probably necessary). Have you talked to the local Devialet dealer?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(05-Sep-2019, 08:42)ogs Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

If you live in France, take one speaker to Paris and have it measured for SAM at Devialet HQ. Or ask Devialet support if there are any plans to include your Krell speakers for SAM. Third option is SAM Lab. If there is a SAM Lab session in your area at some point you can bring one speaker there. At any rate you'd have to contact Devialet support (patience is probably necessary). Have you talked to the local Devialet dealer?

A couple of those options are never going to happen Wink
The Krells weigh in at 88Kg each... So just popping along to a place with 1 isn't ever going to be possible be it to Paris or if there happens to be (probably will be TBH) a Devialet dealership in Glasgow where I live. So even if Devialet had a "Bring your Speakers to us meet up (SAM) near me I can't carry 1 of these huge speakers to it & home again Wink
It was a mission & a half to get the things collected from the seller + into my home & positioned in the 1st place Wink
How do I go about finding out if Devialet have any plans to include them in the SAM list of speakers for the future? + What section of the Devialet support would me requesting that the Krell Resolution 1 speakers get included fall under?
1st= Linn Majik DSM/ iPad > Devialet D200 > Krell Resolution 1's > Townshend Isolation Platforms > Nordost moonglo Spdif & Transparent musicwave SpkRuns. /-/  2nd= Musical Fidelity M1CliC/ iPad > Arcam D33 > Linn Akurate Pre > TriActiv Linn LK140's > Linn Aktiv Keilidhs > Custom Granite double plinths > Solid silver RCA's all round, QED Reference Spdif & Nordost solar wind SpkRuns.
There is one user @frejo on this forum that had SAM Lab come to his home for measurements. The local Devialet dealer should be able to assist with this, provided they arrange a SAM Lab event. Take a look at this thread: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-SAM-lab--5770
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Many thanks for the info Smile