Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Olympica IIIs
Thanks for the tips.

BTW, do any of you alter the treble/bass settings with your Olympicas? I have them all zero'ed out, with SAM varying between 0% to 50%. I find the speakers are still quite laid back (in a GOOD way, not a bad one) but have been tempted to increase the treble a bit. Curious what everyone is setting their Devs to. Thanks!

-dave
(19-Feb-2020, 04:38)sfdude Wrote: Thanks for the tips.

BTW, do any of you alter the treble/bass settings with your Olympicas? I have them all zero'ed out, with SAM varying between 0% to 50%. I find the speakers are still quite laid back (in a GOOD way, not a bad one) but have been tempted to increase the treble a bit. Curious what everyone is setting their Devs to. Thanks!

-dave
Usually, I have the tone controls set flat and SAM at 20%. When in "party mode", I’ll tip the treble up by 1.5dB to add a little crispness to the sound.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(19-Feb-2020, 10:00)Axel Wrote: Usually, I have the tone controls set flat and SAM at 20%. When in "party mode", I’ll tip the treble up by 1.5dB to add a little crispness to the sound.

Ah, makes sense. I find listening in the sweet spot doesn't really require any boost in treble/bass. Let the music draw you in. When listening from a distance/another room, it does sound a bit muted in the treble range though. (I have a family room space where the system sits, which opens up to my kitchen area so quite large volume of space.)

-dave
(19-Feb-2020, 10:00)Axel Wrote:
(19-Feb-2020, 04:38)sfdude Wrote: Thanks for the tips.

-dave
Usually, I have the tone controls set flat and SAM at 20%. When in "party mode", I’ll tip the treble up by 1.5dB to add a little crispness to the sound.
I also have my treble set at 1.5 which adds a bit more balance. I have SAM set at 75%. Probably coincidental though as much depends on your room and speaker positioning.
Also using SF Olympica III with Devialet D Prem.
Sounds sublime.
Rivals my main system in some ways.
Currently using the DP as a pre and a pass labs power.
Loving it.
Very impressed with the SF dev combo.
My first foray into SF.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
georgev, would love to see pictures of your SF Olympica IIIs in your system as well. Love your main system with the Vivids.
            Here are some.
Wee grainy, I’ll take better ones later.
I don’t sit on the couch btw.
Why do the smaller pictures go sideways and how do I correct?
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
This system is pretty good once the pass is warmed up.
Only issue, at times is dropouts now and again as the dp is not hardwired.
Streaming via AIR and the Access Point is just behind it.
Get a stronger AP? Get a Roon ready streamer?
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(02-Apr-2020, 06:00)georgev Wrote: This system is pretty good once the pass is warmed up.
Only issue, at times is dropouts now and again as the dp is not hardwired.
Streaming via AIR and the Access Point is just behind it.
Get a stronger AP? Get a Roon ready streamer?

You have some amazing toys there George.
I wish Cape Town was close to Johannesburg, then I would have made a nuisance of myself popping over for regular visits  Tongue

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Very nice georgev! I am curious why you used a Pass amp and the D-Premier as a pre.

As for your dropouts, how is your AP set up? Connected via Ethernet cable to a switch/router? Mine is a little unconventional in that I have no Ethernet jacks near my Dev 220 so I use a Unifi wireless Access Point in wireless bridge mode to another Unifi AP that is connected via PoE (powered Ethernet connection) to the switch/router. This works OK but will have to determine a better solution to hardwire from switch to the Dev 220.