Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOtM SMS-200
SOtM put up 4.55 in Eunhasu today. Made the update, took about 5 minutes and Eunhasu is much faster now and Roon working as it should.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-Jan-2019, 20:52)octaviars Wrote: SOtM put up 4.55 in Eunhasu today. Made the update, took about 5 minutes and Eunhasu is much faster now and Roon working as it should.

you lucky basterd..lolz

whatever i try i just cant get into the update screen..it keeps on saying gateway timeout...and 0455 is not offline yet to be downloaded..i only see 0454
@hifimanrookie I also got timeout first, did a restart of my Ultra and then I got it working.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

i restarted my sms200  non ultra 1milion times..and always timeout...i tried it on 8! browsers including goorgle chrome
Lolz got intothe update screen...but it says 0454 is last version..and when i do click on upgrade it says: upgrade file command not ready

update: i will be sending the sms200 back to sotm to check it out. they will also do an upgrade to Neo..

dont know yet if i want to upgrade to an ultra or keep it as a regular sms200, but upgrade its internals to neo

UPDATE: VERSION0455 IS AS OFFLINE VERSION AVAILABLE NOW!
Version 4.56 available in Eunhasu GUI now.

Second system

(29-Jan-2019, 19:35)octaviars Wrote: Version 4.56 available in Eunhasu GUI now.

i know..quick question:
what format to format the 16gb card in: older fat32 or the standard newer format ft something?
@hifimanrookie SOtM uses FAT32 in the papers that May sent me so I use that and have never had any problems.

Second system

ok thanks for info, and i have huge news...

While SOTM will be testing my sent back sotm sms200 (next week), they agreed on upgrading my sotm200 into an Utra Neo one with silver wire inside and the eABS200.

about the NEO...they told me i can choose for 2 different upgrade routes:
1. the regular Ultra with Evox condensators as upgrade and silver wiring and eABS200
2. upgrade to a full NEO version

what you guys advice? i want a natural, organic not to dark sound.
@hifimanrookie as I made the upgrade from Ultra to Ultra Neo by my self (it is one capacitor that is changed in the PSU board) it gave me a bit warmer sound that fits my TAD system really good.

I dont know what capacitors they change when you get Evox but I think you can get eABS200 and silverwire in an Neo also.

Second system

you did it by yourself? wow!

i will ask them what the impact is in sound between the NEO condensator and the Evox one. I guess the EVOX is the one if you want to go for more details and the neo for more warmth