Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOtM SMS-200
I am looking forward to hearing what you think about firmware 4.5 @Confused when you get that installed. I feel that my system have never sounded better than it does now with the new firmware.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Not happy! I tried the online update..took whole night..and it stuck on 69% 
When i rebooted the sms200 wasnt recognized and squeeze light also not. After a few restarts my sms200 is recognized but squeezelight doesnt activate...i saw the update went to 0..4.4...so i guess 0.4.5 didnt go right... i switched off my sms200 through my new external Blue Circle Audio powersupply, as my sms200 doesn't have any switch off buttons! 

Am now tryingthe sdcard road..wish me luck!

Question...did i read that the 8gb is not big enough? 

Oops..my windows 10 laptop recognizes the 8gb sdcard as 256mb card! Damn..corrupted!!!

Does a 64gb micro sdcard work also??
The SOTM software formats the card into 3 drives and it may be ones of those you are seeing rather than the card corrupted. You may be able to format it using disk management in windows.

There are guides on the web to explain how to format an SD card.

Cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Quote:Oops..my windows 10 laptop recognizes the 8gb sdcard as 256mb card! Damn..corrupted!!!

Does a 64gb micro sdcard work also??

I dont know how big the SD card can be I run a 16Gb.

Format the card and re-image with USB image.

Look at post #137 in this topic as I posted pictures from SOtM regarding the SD card.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

ok..got it installed...well sort off....now i get random freezes and music that stops while the counter keeps on going and then nothing works anymore...

i then need to restart the sms200 to get it reachable again..

SOTM..what did you do???

and i still cant get into the upgrade screen, it says 'timed out' every time..

so i get a feeling the update is missing parts of the update or the 64gb micro sd card is nog completely compatable..

i am now waiting for two kinds of 16gb micro sd cards class 10...and try those..

hope i didn't brick my sms200 with this update!!!

wish i knew what an online update could do...only after the problems started i went to look for solutions and found this forum..wish i had find it earlier, before i updated...

i am a pc freak...built extreme water-cooled gaming pc's (dual loops, external radiators etc etc) for a hobby in the past...created extreme fast i7 based builds for gaming,,,but never ever i had this kind of problems with updates...not on motherboards or anywhere else...

hope the new 16gb sc cards will work after i offline image them with the image program.. fingers crossed...or else i have to sent my sms200 back to sotm for them to solve it..already sent a 'help me' mail to their helpdesk. lolz

oh yeah..happy new year guys and sorry for the complaining! i just want to enoy my sms200 with my newly bought power supply that arrived last week from canada (am in europe)
@hifimanrookie I dont think you will damage the unit I have had problems with SD card and it has always been solved by re-image or a new SD card.

Download 4.5 and use USBimage, the Eunhasu page is a bit slow in 4.5 but from that upgrade to 4.51 it will take around 5 minutes. Just leave it to reboot as that can take a while. If you have it on DHCP it might change IP so the reboot page might not update as that happened to me yesterday so I had to open a new Eunhasu page with the new IP adress. 

If you run Roon after you activate it change the buffer settings to 0,2s as many have stutter with the original settings. 

Hope you get it working and normaly SOtM is very helpful with problems.

Might I ask were in Europe you live? I live in Sweden.

Second system

(02-Jan-2019, 07:02)octaviars Wrote: @hifimanrookie I dont think you will damage the unit I have had problems with SD card and it has always been solved by re-image or a new SD card.

Download 4.5 and use USBimage, the Eunhasu page is a bit slow in 4.5 but from that upgrade to 4.51 it will take around 5 minutes. Just leave it to reboot as that can take a while. If you have it on DHCP it might change IP so the reboot page might not update as that happened to me yesterday so I had to open a new Eunhasu page with the new IP adress. 

If you run Roon after you activate it change the buffer settings to 0,2s as many have stutter with the original settings. 

Hope you get it working and normaly SOtM is very helpful with problems.

Might I ask were in Europe you live? I live in Sweden.

i live in amsterdam. i really love the little sms200, thats why i bought a HUGE custom powersupply for it.

i used the orginal sd and usb imaged it..and now i have sound..BUT..it stutters terribly and volume position has to go a 1/4 further the before to get same volume! its looks like its on low gain or something now

unfortunately i use squeezelite (no roon) and there it wont let me change any settings! i tried every single spot in their config tabs. only the standard bla bla bla stuff (wish i had foobar2000 on the sms200.lolz

weird is that all worked fine BEFORE 4.5.

i cant even upgrade to 4.51 as when i click on the upgrade tab it goes to a page saying 'gateway timeout'.

but good news: yesterday i got a mail from May from SOTM asking me step by step what my problems are (i also cant play dsf files since i have the sms200, while on my laptop with jriver it all worked fine). so i sent her in detal my issues and sent pics to show the screens, my gear etc etc. hope they can help me.

so in short:
- stutter problems (as if cpu is doing something else in background)
- random screen freezeups but music keeps on playing and wont stop, no matter what i do. So i have to manually switch of the sms 200 while playing and after restart it works normal again
- cant go into upgrade page
- volume is now ridiculously low (eventhough i put the volume fixed on maxed)

BUT good thing: sound is more spacious, especially with classical stuff on 24bit/96 wav files...so addictive!
@hifimanrookie have you tried this.

*Reset the Squeezelite config
*Clear the artwork db
*Set the Buffer time field from 40 to 160
*Set the Period count field from 4 to 16

As for the upgrade to 4.51 it took some time for me to get past the 'gatway timeout' as the 4.5 firmware seems to have problems with the Eunhasu page. I powered down my 200 and restarted it, tried again and then I got in to the update page.

Second system

ok..got it to work and even upgraded to 0.4.5.1(through the new file and usbimage app)!

also changed the config as mentioned by octaviars (THANKS FOR THAT MY FRIEND) and cleared cache etc etc and stutter is INDEED gone. But now i have different issues!

1. - before i can even get into the play music screen i have to restart the squeeze light several times before the little play icon pops up next to the stop button and even that takes ages.

2. - after pushing any file the music starts but no music can be heard at first (buffer to large?), only after a few seconds music starts and then to stop after a few minutes and goes silent!

weird is that the time counter keeps on going, even when i push 'stop' it goes on without any music playing!

After that i can only recover the music after i completely restart the sms200 and then all the fun starts again...there is something in the new firmware that doesn't do well with LMS (squeezelight). please SOTM solve it~!

3. - and then the lag!!! this is completely unacceptable for a 600euro streamer. before this update it was perfect and i was seriously considering upgrading to the fully spec'ed ultra neo later this year!!!!..but now..i dont know anymore!

4. - timeouts!!! lots of them!

i cant listen to my music for a few days now, all because of a firmware upgrade..and normally i do that at least 2hrs a day

but somehow silly me keeps on trying as when the music DOES WORK it's wonderful..as if there is more space, more depth and more dark!!!! soundwise this last firmware is a goldmine...but now it has to work..please SOTM!
@hifimanrookie have you tried to contact SOtM? They are often very responsive to problems and I do think they are working on the problem.

Second system