Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I worry?
Hello All,
I'm in the process of evaluating and comparing the Gold to the Classic.
The Gold wins hands down, btw. 
Even my wife, who is no an audio-enthusiast, commented "is that silver speaker damaged, sounding so bad?" cemented the obvious choice.
But, going back to my thread, anybody knows the Chinese language can decipher, is this legit?
I reside in US, ordered the speaker through the Amazon and that's what they sent me.
Looking at the picture, is this a fake, or legit?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seems like a fake (news)
it’s from Taiwan.i think it is legit.
Why not ask Devialet?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(12-Sep-2020, 01:36)MarkSolo Wrote: Hello All,
Even my wife, who is no an audio-enthusiast, commented "is that silver speaker damaged, sounding so bad?" cemented the obvious choice.
But, going back to my thread, anybody knows the Chinese language can decipher, is this legit?
I reside in US, ordered the speaker through the Amazon and that's what they sent me.

It’s a model that imported by a Taiwan importer.

The sticker looks no problem to me.
Hi MarkSolo

I hope the reply from PeppaPig has reassured you.

I was going to suggest you try registering the Phantom with the Devialet website or looking at the configuration webpage - neither of these would likely work with a fake version. I'm pleased to hear yours is legit.

Has anyone on this forum actually seen a 'proper' fake Phantom - most of the fakes I have seen advertised are tiny versions that I doubt would fool many users? Such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKB4Fq8Yum4

So are there any actual fake Phantom speakers which would pass muster as the real thing? I would hazard a guess that the manufacturing costs etc would make such a thing unlikely? Just curious?

kantblue
(12-Sep-2020, 16:21)PeppaPig Wrote:
(12-Sep-2020, 01:36)MarkSolo Wrote: Hello All,

It’s a model that imported by a Taiwan importer.

The sticker looks no problem to me.

Thank you all for replies,
I'll certainly stick to the Golds, ordering a pair directly from France as we speak.
I'm an audiophile for a quite few decades, starting, in nineties, with Avalons (best sound stage speakers imho), tube VAC amps, preams, DA converters, Variac, Siltech cables and such.
One thing which struck me, is, how tight and controlled the bass is, Avalons never did that and I'm not a stranger to huge $120k Wilsons with huge subwoofers and such. They are better, but they are humongous + amps, and "bit" pricey Smile, also requiring dedicated rooms.
BTW,  recommending Flim and BB's, any album, it sounds wonderful.

I'm still catching myself staring at Devialets  woofers, hipnotized by the movement, how they work in tandem to produce bottomless bass.(huge grin).
Anyway, whatever Deviatet's inventors did is truly ingenious.
(15-Sep-2020, 23:41)MarkSolo Wrote: I'm still catching myself staring at Devialets  woofers, hipnotized by the movement, how they work in tandem to produce bottomless bass.(huge grin).
Anyway, whatever Deviatet's inventors did is truly ingenious.
Please make sure you put them on stands and place them properly in room. Treat them like you would any decent speakers. Done right, the Golds will match many high end systems.
Music wise there are lots of suggestions but one which I will forever recommend on the Phantom gold is The Dave Brubeck Quartet playing Take Five. I say this because once I was in the kitchens cleaning up and turned up the music. My son who was about 3 and a half was playing in his room and the first few songs that played did not catch his attention. But when Take Five started I heard the pitter patter of his feet running to the living room where he stood transfixed between then Golds. He stood frozen and I asked him if he was OK and he said a soft yes followed by the question “What is this?” “It’s jazz! Dave Burkbek’s Take Five. Nice isn’t it?” He said “Uh huh” and stood there enjoying the 5 plus minute song. I of course can’t be certain, but I like to think the Golds helped make what I suspect will be a life
long memory for the two of us.