Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(19-Mar-2019, 15:17)awkaplan Wrote:
(14-Mar-2019, 15:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys as you would expect I have experimented a lot with both Delta EF and NR on the Devialet. It is way closer than you might expect. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume

I’m currently running a Delta EF and am trying to arrange a lend of the Alpha EF along with Delta SC and Alpha SC.  How does the Alpha EF compare?

It's considerably better. But please try it yourself. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(16-Mar-2019, 11:09)nduchatel Wrote: Hi. Does anybody knows where I can have a demo of these cables in France (Paris) ?
Thanks

I checked with Shunyata in the US and they recommended that you contact the French distributor. Any issues pls let me know.

info@europe-audio-diffusion.com

Cheers,

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Mar-2019, 15:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys as you would expect I have experimented a lot with both Delta EF and NR on the Devialet. It is way closer than you might expect. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume

Just to clarify, were the above experiments with the Delta EF and NR "direct from the wall" or from a mains conditioner or similar?  Maybe you tried both scenarios?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Mar-2019, 20:13)Confused Wrote:

Cheers

Guillaume

Just to clarify, were the above experiments with the Delta EF and NR "direct from the wall" or from a mains conditioner or similar?  Maybe you tried both scenarios?

We always demo these cables direct to the wall. Of course I’ve tried all the different combinations with power distributors and conditioners, and for sure these can improve the overall result, but I always encourage people to start with the power cord.

Guillaume

UK
Some nice coverage in Part-time Audiophile:

Florida 2019: The Shunyata Research Noise Reduction Experiment

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/03/1...xperiment/

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
(20-Mar-2019, 15:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Mar-2019, 11:09)nduchatel Wrote: Hi. Does anybody knows where I can have a demo of these cables in France (Paris) ?
Thanks

I checked with Shunyata in the US and they recommended that you contact the French distributor. Any issues pls let me know.

info@europe-audio-diffusion.com

Cheers,

Guillaume

Thank you ! I will contact them.
Roon ROCK - Silent Angel Bonn 8 with Forester F1 - 220 Pro - Penaudio Sara S
Crystal Cable Reference Speaker - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet - Audioquest Tornado
Paris - France
Hi Everyone,

Last week I got a bi-wire delta sc for the horns of my Duos replacing 15 years Virtual Dynamics cables. 
Out of the box these deltas offered much better clarity but sounded a bit bright. After 15-20 hours the brightness disappeared, very happy. 

The dealer told me he had also received some delta nr power cords and asked if I’m interested. Thought it wouldn’t hurt to replace 2 15 years Acrolink 7n cables, one on my lpsp for my mini and one on my bass amp. Today  I received  the pc and put them into my system.  Big improvement in bass performance. Bass is much better controlled and seem to reach deeper like I have added a sub. Very happy!
The lesson I learned from all this. Cables which were very good some 10-15 years ago are not good anymore. Technology marches on! 

Finally to my question. What are user experiences in terms of burn in with kpip treated cables?
Looking forward to your comments. 

Michael
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(08-Apr-2019, 10:49)Duomike Wrote: What are user experiences in terms of burn in with kpip treated cables?

In my experience KPIP'd cables seem to require very little settling in time. I am quite happy popping them out of their sealed bags for dealer demos (if anything to demonstrate the effectiveness of KPIP). Certainly no ups and downs as was the case before.

The bigger gauge conductors (AWG 10 and below) seem to need a bit longer but we are talking a day or two rather than weeks, as per your observation with the Delta SCs. 

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
Thanks, this was very informative and useful! No need to let my system
playing for
extended periods.

Regards
Michael
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(08-Apr-2019, 10:49)Duomike Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Last week I got a bi-wire delta sc for the horns of my Duos replacing 15 years Virtual Dynamics cables. 
Out of the box these deltas offered much better clarity but sounded a bit bright. After 15-20 hours the brightness disappeared, very happy. 

The dealer told me he had also received some delta nr power cords and asked if I’m interested. Thought it wouldn’t hurt to replace 2 15 years Acrolink 7n cables, one on my lpsp for my mini and one on my bass amp. Today  I received  the pc and put them into my system.  Big improvement in bass performance. Bass is much better controlled and seem to reach deeper like I have added a sub. Very happy!
The lesson I learned from all this. Cables which were very good some 10-15 years ago are not good anymore. Technology marches on! 

Finally to my question. What are user experiences in terms of burn in with kpip treated cables?
Looking forward to your comments. 

Michael

I know that, especially in a biwire configuration, the Alphas are a bit more spendy, but they are just absolutely next-level.  I demoed the Delta SC and own a Delta EF, and things were good, but not great.  Within ten seconds of connecting the Alphas, it was game over.  The Deltas were good, had my qualms here and there;  the Alphas have me at a loss for words.