Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(08-Apr-2019, 10:49)Duomike Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Last week I got a bi-wire delta sc for the horns of my Duos replacing 15 years Virtual Dynamics cables. 
Out of the box these deltas offered much better clarity but sounded a bit bright. After 15-20 hours the brightness disappeared, very happy. 

The dealer told me he had also received some delta nr power cords and asked if I’m interested. Thought it wouldn’t hurt to replace 2 15 years Acrolink 7n cables, one on my lpsp for my mini and one on my bass amp. Today  I received  the pc and put them into my system.  Big improvement in bass performance. Bass is much better controlled and seem to reach deeper like I have added a sub. Very happy!
The lesson I learned from all this. Cables which were very good some 10-15 years ago are not good anymore. Technology marches on! 

Finally to my question. What are user experiences in terms of burn in with kpip treated cables?
Looking forward to your comments. 

Michael
Recently bought 3 delta NR cables.  1 from wall socket to my venom UK6 (bought from a seller on devialetchat) & 2 to my devialets. I like what I hear too! 
Good recordings sound great. Nice bass, great transparency... though this does mean some recordings (whether bad recordings is the right term) are laid bare, maybe that is the brightness you are referring to. Bang for buck - I really like my deltas.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(12-Apr-2019, 18:33)anan Wrote:
(08-Apr-2019, 10:49)Duomike Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Last week I got a bi-wire delta sc for the horns of my Duos replacing 15 years Virtual Dynamics cables. 
Out of the box these deltas offered much better clarity but sounded a bit bright. After 15-20 hours the brightness disappeared, very happy. 

The dealer told me he had also received some delta nr power cords and asked if I’m interested. Thought it wouldn’t hurt to replace 2 15 years Acrolink 7n cables, one on my lpsp for my mini and one on my bass amp. Today  I received  the pc and put them into my system.  Big improvement in bass performance. Bass is much better controlled and seem to reach deeper like I have added a sub. Very happy!
The lesson I learned from all this. Cables which were very good some 10-15 years ago are not good anymore. Technology marches on! 

Finally to my question. What are user experiences in terms of burn in with kpip treated cables?
Looking forward to your comments. 

Michael
Recently bought 3 delta NR cables.  1 from wall socket to my venom UK6 (bought from a seller on devialetchat) & 2 to my devialets. I like what I hear too! 
Good recordings sound great. Nice bass, great transparency... though this does mean some recordings (whether bad recordings is the right term) are laid bare, maybe that is the brightness you are referring to. Bang for buck - I really like my deltas.
Anan

Have a Delta ER on loan. Fabulous cable. The filter on the NR will not allow the cover plate of my 250 to fit, hence the ER with the plug without a filter.

Does the plug of the NR fit into the 210 and allow the cover to be fitted?
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Heresy I know, but I have never been that bothered about putting back the cover. It gets in the way when ever I need to reach the sd card, and in my rack I cant see the back anyway. Nothing special about the 210, the NR does not fit under the cover.

Now is when someone tells me the backplate effects the quality of the audio ...
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(14-Apr-2019, 19:23)anan Wrote: Now is when someone tells me the backplate effects the quality of the audio ...

Imagine if someone would suggest the impact of removing the back cover has the same impact as changing out the standard power cable  Tongue

Seriously though, as long as you let the removed cover burn in for a couple of 100 hours the improvement is quite remarkable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Apr-2019, 19:23)anan Wrote: Now is when someone tells me the backplate effects the quality of the audio ...

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet-Back-Cover
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Mar-2019, 15:58)GuillaumeB Wrote: Some nice coverage in Part-time Audiophile:

Florida 2019: The Shunyata Research Noise Reduction Experiment

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/03/1...xperiment/

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, Any news on the cable Grant was referring to at the end of the demo?

Thanks

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
(26-Apr-2019, 13:30)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(21-Mar-2019, 15:58)GuillaumeB Wrote: Some nice coverage in Part-time Audiophile:

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, Any news on the cable Grant was referring to at the end of the demo?

Thanks

Graham

I don't have a huge amount of specific info unfortunately. We are basically going to launch a Venom range of power cables with NR filter tech. Performance and aesthetics will get close to the Deltas at roughly half the cost! What I don't have yet is specific UK pricing which is likely to be higher due to the cost of the UK CopperConn connector; initially the plan had been to use a more traditional MK-style plug but trying to get the AWG 10 and 12 conductors into these has been a bugger of a job. Then there are ongoing delays with the wire itself which has seen several revisions. It is hoped that these will start shipping in June but it's possible that we won't make this timeframe.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(27-Apr-2019, 11:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Apr-2019, 13:30)Carcrashboy Wrote:

Cheers,

Guillaume

Thanks

Graham

I don't have a huge amount of specific info unfortunately. We are basically going to launch a Venom range of power cables with NR filter tech. Performance and aesthetics will get close to the Deltas at roughly half the cost! What I don't have yet is specific UK pricing which is likely to be higher due to the cost of the UK CopperConn connector; initially the plan had been to use a more traditional MK-style plug but trying to get the AWG 10 and 12 conductors into these has been a bugger of a job. Then there are ongoing delays with the wire itself which has seen several revisions. It is hoped that these will start shipping in June but it's possible that we won't make this timeframe.

Guillaume

Thanks, sounds very interesting...

Now the usual Devialet owners question, will they fit with the rear cover plate in place.

Graham
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

South East Wales, UK
(01-May-2019, 14:29)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(27-Apr-2019, 11:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Apr-2019, 13:30)Carcrashboy Wrote: Hi Guillaume, Any news on the cable Grant was referring to at the end of the demo?

Thanks

Graham

Guillaume

Now the usual Devialet owners question, will they fit with the rear cover plate in place.

Graham

No because that is the raison d'être of the Delta (and Alpha) EF! LOL  Big Grin

They can't fit the NR component in the flat IEC. 

That isn't to say that they won't offer a Venom EF at some point... but this is much more about offering NR tech at a much lower price point.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-May-2019, 14:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-May-2019, 14:29)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(27-Apr-2019, 11:33)GuillaumeB Wrote: I don't have a huge amount of specific info unfortunately. We are basically going to launch a Venom range of power cables with NR filter tech. Performance and aesthetics will get close to the Deltas at roughly half the cost! What I don't have yet is specific UK pricing which is likely to be higher due to the cost of the UK CopperConn connector; initially the plan had been to use a more traditional MK-style plug but trying to get the AWG 10 and 12 conductors into these has been a bugger of a job. Then there are ongoing delays with the wire itself which has seen several revisions. It is hoped that these will start shipping in June but it's possible that we won't make this timeframe.

Guillaume

Graham

No because that is the raison d'être of the Delta (and Alpha) EF! LOL  Big Grin

They can't fit the NR component in the flat IEC. 

That isn't to say that they won't offer a Venom EF at some point... but this is much more about offering NR tech at a much lower price point.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Point taken, I’ll get back in my box until they are released then...

South East Wales, UK