Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Matter of preference, but I would get the NR and keep the cover open if given a choice again. The difference in price is not much. I agree with his assessment of stock power chord.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(14-Mar-2019, 02:26)Axel Wrote: A very interesting write up. The only problem as I see it is that you need the NR with its CCI filter to get the best sound, but these connectors won’t fit under the back plate of the Devialet, so Alan Sircom must have done the audition with the back plate removed.. The EF connector will fit under the back plate, but it doesn’t have the CCI filter.

I use a Delta EF between my power conditioner, a PS Audio P12, and my 140 and it works extremely well, When I got the Delta EF to replace a Graditech power cord it made a big difference, and the Graditech was an improvement over the stock cord.

I'm quite happy to recommend the EF with a Devialet and I wonder how much advantage you would get from the NR if you're also using a good power conditioner.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Hi guys as you would expect I have experimented a lot with both Delta EF and NR on the Devialet. It is way closer than you might expect. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
For what it is worth, I posted my views on the Delta EF & NR versions, and the Alpha Power Cables here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Shunyata...ch?page=22, at post #220. My personal take was that SQ differences between the EF & NR were not, to my ears, that different - I did caveat that finding with the view that those with better hearing than mine might be able to tell a difference  Smile. As a result of my demo, I purchased 2 Delta EFs and have never regretted it  Big Grin.

Of course, the only way to be sure is to try it for yourself, if at all possible.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(14-Mar-2019, 15:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys as you would expect I have experimented a lot with both Delta EF and NR on the Devialet. It is way closer than you might expect. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume

Guillaume, if I may ask, please, how big do you think the jump from the Venom to any of these two really is?

Thanks!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Mar-2019, 19:41)LBameule Wrote:
(14-Mar-2019, 15:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys as you would expect I have experimented a lot with both Delta EF and NR on the Devialet. It is way closer than you might expect. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume

Guillaume, if I may ask, please, how big do you think the jump from the Venom to any of these two really is?

Thanks!

L

Hi there,

It's quite big. Even more so for the non-UK versions which use a moulded plug (the UK Venom currently uses a CopperCONN connector).

Are you able to demo the Deltas? I think it's best to try these things at home if possible.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(15-Mar-2019, 11:31)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Mar-2019, 19:41)LBameule Wrote:

Cheers

Guillaume

Thanks!

L

Hi there,

It's quite big. Even more so for the non-UK versions which use a moulded plug (the UK Venom currently uses a CopperCONN connector).

Are you able to demo the Deltas? I think it's best to try these things at home if possible.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Thanks, Guillaume! No, unfortunately there’s no way for me to demo the cables.

Thanks a lot again!

L

Having used a Venom and then up the line (Z-PC10 and now Delta NR) I will second that while the Venom is much better than a generic cord the next step up the Shunyata line is a big jump in quality as well as price.
Hi. Does anybody knows where I can have a demo of these cables in France (Paris) ?
Thanks
Roon ROCK - Silent Angel Bonn 8 with Forester F1 - 220 Pro - Penaudio Sara S
Crystal Cable Reference Speaker - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet - Audioquest Tornado
Paris - France

Cheers

Guillaume

I’m currently running a Delta EF and am trying to arrange a lend of the Alpha EF along with Delta SC and Alpha SC.  How does the Alpha EF compare?