Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(26-Apr-2017, 14:55)octaviars Wrote: I do belive the combination microRendu and Mutec had better sound than AIR at that time I tried it but not by much so AIR was more to be able to only run Roon/AIR at that time and no extra boxes, cables and PSU to worry about.

Perhaps if I tried it again today I would decide to use a SMS-200 with a Mutec and power it with a Paul Hynes PSU if it do sound better.

The SMS-200 Ultra is a thing I have in mind but is the only thing that it has better clocks and what does these clocks make for difference if I use a Mutec after that re-clocks the signal and ships it out via AES?

So is it more a discussion about which input sounds better? Was thinking about that upcoming Sms-200 Ultra but it will have only USB out. And Mutec will show next week some new stuff too. I have the impression that USB after the upgrade to Pro got better but AES is still dominant (I wish there would be more than one AES input).
Sonore has announced it's "ultraRendu"...now where do they all get that 'ultra' designation...first Uptone, then SOtM and now Sonore. Big Grin

Either Jesus of Sonore is underselling it or it's really a boring minor, more cosmetic upgrade, see here:
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ltrarendu/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Doesn't say much, does it? Yes, some "improvement in circuit board components", but not clear why the upgrade would be advantageous...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A strange thing this weekend. I had received a new SD card to update the microRendu to the new V2.5 firmware. Followed the update instructions, it did not work, no network light on the mR, and I could not pick it up on the network. Worried that I had done something stupid and junked the mR, I reversed the process and reinstalled the old SD card. This was fine, the mR was back working as it should on the old V2.3 firmware. I contacted Sonore who advised 'We have a unit with this behaviour coming in so we can have a closer look.' ... ' We should know more late next week.' They also stated that it was unlikely that a new SD card would solve the issue. So it looks a bit like some mR's are refusing to update for some reason, which is intriguing.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-May-2017, 12:08)Confused Wrote: A strange thing this weekend.  I had received a new SD card to update the microRendu to the new V2.5 firmware.  Followed the update instructions, it did not work, no network light on the mR, and I could not pick it up on the network.  Worried that I had done something stupid and junked the mR, I reversed the process and reinstalled the old SD card.  This was fine, the mR was back working as it should on the old V2.5 firmware.  I contacted Sonore who advised 'We have a unit with this behaviour coming in so we can have a closer look.'  ...  ' We should know more late next week.'  They also stated that it was unlikely that a new SD card would solve the issue.  So it looks a bit like some mR's are refusing to update for some reason, which is intriguing.

That is quite annoying! My swap to 2.5 was easy and everything works as it should. I thought all mR's where identical an as such should boot with the new card in the slot. Apparently this is not the case. I hope Sonore can find the fault quickly.You said in the firmware thread that 10.1.0 is good. The 2.5 is also good so you have something to look forward to!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
They should have all been identical- but I know quite a few people (myself included) had problems rebooting for example - where it wouldn't come back on. For others it was fine. I'm guessing they had more than one batch.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-May-2017, 21:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: They should have all been identical- but I know quite a few people (myself included) had problems rebooting for example - where it wouldn't come back on. For others it was fine. I'm guessing they had more than one batch.

I can well imagine that there may be some minor differences between batches, components from different suppliers that vary in specification and so on.  However, this would impact performance very fractionally at the margins, and does not explain why some have boot issues, some will not load firmware that most will.  Very puzzling.  The fact that the new firmware will load on one mR but not another suggests that there is a more fundamental difference than a minor variation in resistors or something.  Anyway, I am happy to wait and see what Sonore advise.

Oddly enough, I kind of felt that my mR a 'good one'.  When testing the Aqvox switch against a standard switch I was constantly removing the network connection to the mR, then reinstating via a different switch.  This was a case of pause music on the iPad, swap the Ethernet cables, press play and everything worked.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
If the SD card is good, then there is something missing in the boot code of the card related to how the hardware reads it. Very strange as v2.3 obviously boots fine from a similar card.
I am sure Sonore will find a fix.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
A quick update on my V2.5 micro SD card issue. Sonore advised that they had solved the issue and that I would be sent a new SD card via VortexBox in the UK. This turned up in the post last Friday, so a pretty quick turnaround to be fair. Anyway, I have just installed the card and everything appears to work exactly as it should, so all good. As to what the original issue was, I haven't a clue!
As I wait patiently for the arrival of the mighty Devialet OS Core Infinity Streamer board, yet another 'end point' type product arrives on the market:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bi...u-se-r659/