Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(18-Jul-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: As I wait patiently for the arrival of the mighty Devialet OS Core Infinity Streamer board, yet another 'end point' type product arrives on the market:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bi...u-se-r659/

Plus, luckily you won't have to wait for the full review to know how good it is.
In summary: "It's the best source he's ever heard" Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Jul-2017, 18:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: As I wait patiently for the arrival of the mighty Devialet OS Core Infinity Streamer board, yet another 'end point' type product arrives on the market:

Plus, luckily you won't have to wait for the full review to know how good it is.
In summary: "It's the best source he's ever heard"  Tongue
That may be so, but he hasn't heard the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board has he? Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2017, 20:15)Confused Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 18:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

In summary: "It's the best source he's ever heard"  Tongue
That may be so, but he hasn't heard the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board has he? Sad

No, but do they have a sponsored area?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

CA has a sponsored area for Sonore.  CA also claims to have zero editorial bias.  Thats all I'm saying on this topic!  EDIT, errrr see below....

Of course the obvious competition here is the sMS-200Ultra, I'm sure there will be plenty of comparative reviews with this, the above, and the just released ultraRendu.   In time, I'm sure all will become a lot clearer.

EDIT:  This is what Chris Connaker said re the old model Signature Rendu:  "Sonically I can’t say I heard an improvement over the built-in Ethernet Devialet AIR streaming method". 
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2017, 20:28)Confused Wrote:  CA also claims to have zero editorial bias.  

From my time reading CA I think that's absolutely true....

especially towards Sonore and Uptone products. Soooo unbiased. Angel And Berkeley too for some less obvious reason.

Has anyone done any comparisons between the MicroRendu or the UltraRendu Vs the new Roon direct stream into Devialet feature?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I had the microRendu a few week's prior to when Devialet released their AIR 3 beta. I found the sound quality between the two close enough such that I sold the microRendu. As to my ears the Roon implementation is on par with Devialet's in terms of sound quality, I have no reason to consider trying a microRendu or UltraRendu at this point in time.

Of course, IMHO, with my room and system, your mileage may vary....
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
That is good to know. I am glad I held off getting the dCS network streamer while waiting for Roon integration.

Now after the streamer is released, I would be really interested to compare that with the best out there. Having owned their entry Debussy DAC, I assume the dCS streamer should be quite close to top of the class?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(19-Jul-2017, 02:02)baddog Wrote: I had the microRendu a few week's prior to when Devialet released their AIR 3 beta. I found the sound quality between the two close enough such that I sold the microRendu. As to my ears the Roon implementation is on par with Devialet's in terms of sound quality, I have no reason to consider trying a microRendu or UltraRendu  at this point in time.

Of course, IMHO, with my room and system, your mileage may vary....

I feel the same. Ok I bought a digiOne so I can sync the Devialet with other zones, but fingers crossed the Core Infinity will make that redundant. I really no longer feel the need to hunt for extra SQ, I'm sure it can be done, but the gains in my setup just don't seem worthwhile, and it's less to obsess over - already I've tried a Linear PSU on the digiOne and started thinking about trying other things. I prefer the life of just plugging it in and listening rather than thinking about that stuff.

That said I did pick up on some audioquest niagara 1000 reviews today. Might be the next thing I try - bit only on a 30 day money back type deal, and tested blind! Smile

If the Core Infinity improve a little on what we get from RoonAIR today it will be a very nice bonus. With RAAT it would be even better. If the new board has a proper re-clocker and sounds similar to Mutec it will be a revolution! I doubt the re-clocker will happen. Devialet seems very focused on content. Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer are listed in the pre released material. Also integration with Phantom seems important, but the fact that Devialet has opened up to Roon is significant I think. Danny Dulai is hinting towards some solution for streaming from Roon directly to Phantom... maybe I should consider Roon life? In the mean time I guess a Pi3 and a DigiOne is exiting to tinker with...

EDIT: I also plan to upgrade my microRendu hw to 1.4. If Roon gives us 'the input device" at some point I hope to use the mR to stream vinyl back to Core.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB