Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class
Perhaps Devialet's figures, are, ehm, theoretical.... Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Jul-2017, 12:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Perhaps Devialet's figures, are, ehm, theoretical....

They used to be conservatively rated looking at old reviews, I'm sure they measured it wrongly.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(15-Jul-2017, 13:02)Soniclife Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Perhaps Devialet's figures, are, ehm, theoretical....

They used to be conservatively rated looking at old reviews, I'm sure they measured it wrongly.

maybee it was just a typoo.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Measurement and evaluation of "Stereoplay 08/2017"

Attached Files
.pdf   Ohne Titel 1.pdf (Size: 1.82 MB / Downloads: 2,727)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I have managed to clip my d premiers on my Giya G1 spirits (92 db efficient) with some music containing low bass ... they handle 1650w RMS...
Im pondering a full DSP active solution using 3 600w D-sonic amps for mids and treble and a 1.5kw unit for the bass instead of upgrading the D premiers to a 1000pro system

Currently playing with a abletec class d 600w amp for the bass but struggling with matching gain to the d prems (which Im using for the HF section
I can tall you this tho.. using the Dprems as a preamp and using the 600w Abletec amp is nowhere near as good sonically as using the D prems
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(19-Jul-2017, 01:56)Rodney Gold Wrote: I have managed to clip my d premiers on my Giya G1 spirits (92 db efficient) with some music containing low bass ... they handle 1650w RMS...
Im pondering a full DSP active solution using 3 600w D-sonic amps for mids and treble and a 1.5kw unit for the bass instead of upgrading the D premiers to a 1000pro system

Currently playing with a abletec class d 600w amp for the bass but struggling with matching gain to the d prems (which Im using for the HF section
I can tall you this tho.. using the Dprems as a preamp and using the 600w Abletec amp is nowhere near as good sonically as using the  D prems

your room has wings
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
Picking up on the slightly odd power output figures mentioned at the start of this thread.  I was sorting some stuff out yesterday and stumbled across my copy of 'Hifi News and Record Review' from March 2016.  This features a review of the 'Original D'Atelier', with lab test report.  I recall that there were some posts about this article at the time, as the power output figures her looked a little odd and the continuous power numbers similar to the D800, anyway, here they are as published:

Continuous Power 8 / 4 ohm = 640w / 860w
Dynamic Power 8 / 4 / 2 / 1 ohm = 650w / 1130w / 1500w / 670w

The above numbers do look odd versus the Stereoplay numbers (8 / 4 ohm = 599W / 571W), with the Stereoplay tested 1000 Pro being less powerful than the HFN tested O'dA. 

All of this reminds me a little of Rolls Royce cars.  Before the days when it was mandatory to publish accurate horsepower figures and similar, the specification sheet used to indicate horsepower as 'adequate'.  Certainly I am finding the power output of the 1000 Pro as 'adequate'.  (more than adequate Shy )  I am not so sure about Rodney though! Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, which is paradoxical for someone who is 100% de materialized, I would be ready to bet big money that they did their measurements with SAM on and have been therefore measuring the max power that the Devialet 'dares' sending on a sustained basis to the speakers that were configured.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hello, for comparison the measured value of Devialet 400 (test of 2014)  Rolleyes

Attached Files
.pdf   230-TT-Devialet-stereoplay-2014-12-lowres-pdf.pdf (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 2,054)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(21-Jul-2017, 11:47)K4680 Wrote: Hello, for comparison the measured value of Devialet 400 (test of 2014)  Rolleyes

Notes on the performance measurement of amplifiers!

Various measuring methods exist in the audio area:
1-Sinusoidal Power
2-Rated power according to DIN 45500
3-RMS
4-PMPO

In the case of sinusoidal power, a signal from 20Hz to 20kHz is measured up to a specified distortion limit. The total harmonic distortion must be below the specified range in the entire frequency range.
The rated power is determined by applying a clean 1kHz sine at the input of an amplifier and until the harmonic distortion reaches 1%.
The measurement time is 10 minutes.
Nominal power makes sense in the design of amplifiers, but not in loudspeakers.
RMS (root mean square) means the square mean value.
The RMS measuring method is used for load tests for loudspeakers. It is measured here with a so-called pink noise with a level drop of 3dB / octave, which comes closest to a music signal.
However, the use of pink noise is not useful in the performance measurement of amplifiers.
PMPO
Maximum performance, music performance and especially PMPO data are completely useless and have no meaning!

To now compare different test, it would be useful to know how the manufacturers measure or according to which standard.
Germany / Bavaria