Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class
The reason I need more power is because my devialet Dprem's 500w is actually 350w into 8 ohms (6 ohms is not a conventional figure .. most amps are quoted into 8 ohms)
Now add to that , is the fact that DIRAC applies a -6db cut to the digital signal to stop any digital clipping when correcting.
This further reduces the amp power to an effective 1/4 of 350w..round 90w
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(21-Jul-2017, 18:48)Rodney Gold Wrote: The reason I need more power is because my devialet Dprem's 500w is actually 350w into 8 ohms (6 ohms is not a conventional figure .. most amps are quoted into 8 ohms)
Now add to that , is the fact that DIRAC applies a -6db cut to the digital signal to stop any digital clipping when correcting.
This further reduces the amp power to an effective 1/4 of 350w..round 90w

The reason I need more power is only because in some occasions I like the music to be very loud, same as concert hall or clubs Smile
The problem is it's very hard to find amps that sounds as good as the devialet and at any price. It's easy to find much more powerful amps, but I can't think of anything that sound as good at even when it's many times more expensive. Unfortunately I'm doomed
(21-Jul-2017, 18:48)Rodney Gold Wrote: (6 ohms is not a conventional figure .. most amps are quoted into 8 ohms)

Coincidently Vivid speakers all have a nominal impedance of 6 Ohm.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Comparing measurments from different test and perhaps with different methods of conducting the test can be a bit missleading.

I liked this sort of test that they used to use in Swedish Hifi&Music magazine.

The test is with a burst of tones that is supposed to be like playing music. The amp in this test is a Rotel 1080 and the red roof in the cube is the rated power in 8 ohm which I think was 200W for a Rotel 1080.

Theoretical this amp would deliver 200W 8ohm, 400w 4 ohm, 800W 2 ohm and 1600W in 1 ohm if it were perfect but that kind of amp does not exist.

[Image: 152280.jpg]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree