Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints
(24-Sep-2015, 21:32)BjornWiman Wrote: Guillaume!

Where did you position the Ansuz Ceramic pucks underneath you amp?

BR Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Hi Bjorn

Sorry I missed your post.  Blush

I have a couple towards the front, actually just to the inside of each of the two front rubber feet and the third one towards the back and in the middle. I haven't been too fussy about positioning, perhaps I'll experiment a bit with this later.

Once again I cannot recommend these enough. They really do transform the sound of the Devialet in a very positive way.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I am really surprised at the reports that these audiophile footers can make such a substantial improvement in sound quality. I struggle with understanding how a device with no moving/rotating parts (the Devialet) that is also tethered by a power cord, four speaker cables, at least one digital cable and maybe another pair of interconnects (say a minimum of 6 cables) hanging off the back of it can benefit from these special feet. If the Devialet was not plugged into anything, just sitting unattached atop the footers, I can imagine benefits, but when grounded with all the cables hanging on it, I'm skeptical. It sounds like something I will need to try myself. I currently use Herbie's Iso-Cups on top of a Mapleshade maple platform.

Thx
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
Hi GuillaumeB,

No worries

As mentioned in a previous post, I tried the HRS feet for my 250. I located 2 of them side by side ( in width) underneth the center of the amplifier, (I thought that location would make sense since you have the "heart" of the amplifier located above). This seemed to be a good position for these feets since just moving them apart 1 centimeter made a huge difference in tonal balance. It would be interesting to hear your opinions about the HRS Nimbus, if you have the possibility to try them. I would also be interesting to hear about your impressionsif you locate the Ansuz pucks on my suggested position.

Best regards

Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
I use 3 cera bases under my D400 set-up in a triangular layout. They are very similar to stillpoints, just made by a different manufacturer. Cost was just over 400.00 for the set
I was thinking about what kind of shelves you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glass shelves in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelves. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glass shelv?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Sep-2015, 12:11)octaviars Wrote: I was thinking about what kind of shelf you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glas shelf in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelfs. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glas shelf?

My Ansuz Darkz sit on thick glass shelves. Amazing performance, worth every penny. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(29-Sep-2015, 12:20)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(29-Sep-2015, 12:11)octaviars Wrote: I was thinking about what kind of shelf you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glas shelf in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelfs. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glas shelf?

My Ansuz Darkz sit on thick glass shelves. Amazing performance, worth every penny. 

Guillaume

How thick are your glass shelves? Are they in some kind of rack?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Sep-2015, 12:25)octaviars Wrote: How thick are your glass shelves? Are they in some kind of rack?

They are 19mm - yes they are part of a rack, the Spectral High End:

http://spectral.eu/en/open-furniture/hig...tures.html

Guillaume

UK
(29-Sep-2015, 12:11)octaviars Wrote: I was thinking about what kind of shelves you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glass shelves in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelves. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glass shelv?

I have an older Salamander rack (stock shelves) with Adona platforms on the stock shelves. One for the Aurender and one for the Devialet. Cost conscious and very effective. I am looking for something better than the Herbie's tenderfeet to further isolate the equipment.

I am also looking for something to use under my new Legacy Audio Focus SEs when they arrive. I priced the Stillpoints Ultra SSs but at approximately $2400 that option would be about 26% the cost of the speakers. Being retired with an older house and a love of travel... Angry
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(29-Sep-2015, 12:11)octaviars Wrote: I was thinking about what kind of shelves you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glass shelves in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelves. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glass shelv?

I absolutely agree. I have long thought that people tend to ignore the potential huge difference shelving composition and construction methods have on footer performance. Users tend to ask what works with a specific component while ignoring differences in what the equipment will be placed on. What may work well in one situation may be a poor choice for another.