Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints
(29-Sep-2015, 16:03)bentrider Wrote:
(29-Sep-2015, 12:11)octaviars Wrote: I was thinking about what kind of shelves you have under your Devialets. Many people test different feets under the amp but what kind of surface the feet are on must make a differens to? I mean in my setup I have glass shelves in a rack that is built in the wall that is very different if you have a seperate rack with for example wood shelves. Right now I use SSC AS pucks, three under each amp the are of the soft kind. I dont know if a solid foot is so good on a glass shelv?

I absolutely agree. I have long thought that people tend to ignore the potential huge difference shelving composition and construction methods have on footer performance. Users tend to ask what works with a specific component while ignoring differences in what the equipment will be placed on. What may work well in one situation may be a poor choice for another.

Exactly what I was thinking, it is a combination of the rack, the shelv and the foot. In my case I had the SSC foots laying around so I tested them an maybe they are not a good choice with my rack and glass shelves because I dont get much difference with them.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Re the above posts, I was also thinking very much the same thing ..... How do these things work, what is the interaction with the shelving etc. Anyway, does anyone know what the science is here, that is, exactly what do these footers do, what do they need to work correctly, what is one trying to achieve by using such supports. I am not trying to be cynical here, enough people are claiming that there are big SQ improvements to make me think there is something in this, but how exactly do they work?
Hi,

Just want to add my views on the Ansuz footers as I have been testing them now and compared to the Mas Scientist versions TC balls. The Ansuz and Mad Sci have different characters but in basic do the same things ie snapping everything into focus, cleaner clearer, better definition, these are no brainer to have in the system. Before changing my Devs (now running Aavik) the effect from these footers was nothing else than amazing AND they work a treat anywhere and under any shelf material (does not matter glass, wood, granite) and makes better any unit of gear.
Better try to de vibrate your gear and get true potential.

For the Dev it should be mandatory as it changes them to a much more positive SQ.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I have heard very good things about Stillpoints.
How do they compare to Ansuz footers ?
Stillpoints top model can be even 3 times more expensive than Ansuz Diamond..
Have you tried different Mad Scientist footers Mikeeo, or just the TCs?
(04-Oct-2015, 22:37)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Have you tried different Mad Scientist footers Mikeeo, or just the TCs?

Rufus,

I only tried the TC's, as I figured for a price like that compared to Ansuz I better go for their top stuff.
Now I actually run them under my Raidho speakers with great results. The Ansuz Ceramic is both better as not better. For my streamer the Ceramic was quite a bit better and on devialet too however on my current Aavik almost no diff at all. The best is to try but for sure on source  like a streamer and Devialets these Ceramic is a no brainer of big measure. The Alumin version from Ansuz are not at the Ceramic level and more on Mad Sci though still gives a profound effect on the Devialet.
Try also under your Melco, for sure you will be surprised!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(04-Oct-2015, 22:24)johnsap Wrote: I have heard very good things about Stillpoints.

No idea really but from other that tried says Ansuz rule without a doubt. The proof is in testing your selfs.

A new contender (copied Ansuz or the other way around?) http://www.3d-audio.dk

/Mike
(09-Oct-2015, 00:20)Mikeeo Wrote:
(04-Oct-2015, 22:24)johnsap Wrote: I have heard very good things about Stillpoints.

No idea really but from other that tried says Ansuz rule without a doubt. The proof is in testing your selfs.

/Mike

Hmm, their products look rather similar to Ansuz...
(09-Oct-2015, 08:20)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(09-Oct-2015, 00:20)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

Hmm, their products look rather similar to Ansuz...

Yes Rufus, they look a lot like and I wonder who copied who but to me they (3D-audio) went a bit further as the have more layers on offer and I remember some early adopters of Ansuz in Asia discovered that having 5 layers in the stack greatly increased the performance.

I notice that you have the C1.1. I recently had them at home for demo, fantastic speakers really but to have a really hike in performance the feet of the stand need to be planted super securely to the floor ie perfect even load distribution and when that is fixed, WOW, these speakers really jump up a few notches in drive, power, solidity, soundscape yes everything! Raidho have sets of 4 adjustable feet (2 per stand is enough) which is the only way to get that perfect weight distribution on the feet. I also exchanged all the steel balls in the feet as under the speaker for ceramic balls (that can be bought for 1/10 of the Anusz price on Ebay). Also on the 'T' feet that the speaker rests on
try to remove the felt that the speaker couples to and exchange for double sided tape, better coupling and less chance of sliding of.
These small things bring the C1.1 up to amazing performance.

Best/Mike
Being a bit of a spendthrift and living on retirement funds, I decided to get two sets of Symposium FatPadz'. If I don't like them, I can return them. I'll report my impressions in a new thread.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.