Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints
Hi, new member here. Just bought new system from Criterion Audio, Cambridge UK.
Was looking for great looking system first, then great sounding one!

Melco N1A (hidden in cupboard), Devialet 250 and possibly the prettiest floor standing loudspeakers I have seen ( at a "reasonable"price) Albedo Aptica. Tellebrium Q Black speaker and usb cable. AND 6 small Stillpoints under the Devialet I had left over from a previous system ( I know they should go under the speakers firstly, but Albedo's stand on a metal plate with spikes through carpet).

Without Stillpoints sound so so (best described as "dry" and no "spirit") with Stillpoints just amazing. Even as I put the Devialet onto the Stillpoints the sound came alive. An expensive tweak (£600 ish - though 3 might do the trick), but looking at the cost of some of these systems a very inexpensive tweak!
Have not tried the stillpoints but I am using the Nordost Sort Kone BC under the Melco N1A. Before the sort Kone I could not listen to a cd rip, as the sound was too "digital". I like the sound of LP's, I can say that the Melco with the sort Kone is the closest I have gotten yet.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(20-Aug-2016, 19:59)helloworld1978 Wrote: Have not tried the stillpoints but I am using the Nordost Sort Kone BC under the Melco N1A. Before the sort Kone I could not listen to a cd rip, as the sound was too "digital". I like the sound of LP's, I can say that the Melco with the sort Kone is the closest I have gotten yet.

Forgot to mention 6x Peek Cones from Musicworks under the Melco.
Being an ex plumber from Canada I use conical washers with hockey pucks. I love this hobby.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
I got my Ansuz pucks yesterday and can only concur with other speakers that they work very good with the Devialet. They don´t look impressive at all when you look at them, but somehow the sounds get better. This is a strange hobby indeed... Smile
    I can recommend these (Harmonix RF 909 x) to be put under speakers with a little bit too much energy in treble and too little in bass. Made a big difference in my system and I was also surprised like many of you, since I too lacked prior experience from tweaks like these.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(23-Oct-2016, 11:27)MightyMart Wrote: I can recommend these (Harmonix RF 909 x) to be put under speakers with a little bit too much energy in treble and too little in bass. Made a big difference in my system and I was also surprised like many of you, since I too lacked prior experience from tweaks like these.
Confim!!!
I use the same and 909 are GREAT...
(24-Oct-2016, 21:04)moreno1973 Wrote:
(23-Oct-2016, 11:27)MightyMart Wrote: I can recommend these (Harmonix RF 909 x) to be put under speakers with a little bit too much energy in treble and too little in bass. Made a big difference in my system and I was also surprised like many of you, since I too lacked prior experience from tweaks like these.
Confim!!!
I use the same and 909 are GREAT...

Happy to hear! It's weird how much effect this tweak has. Incredible really...  Rolleyes

Under what speakers are you using them?
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Did you combine them with the 'room tuning' discs?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Oct-2016, 18:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Did you combine them with the 'room tuning' discs?

No, I didn't and before I tried the 909 and would very much have doubted the effects (if any at all) gained from using the "room tuning" disks. Now I'm not so sure any more. I wouldn't be too surprised if they actually work. The 909 has made such a big difference in my system and I have no explanation how.
It's all very annoying actually to be this clueless...   Huh
treatment
- SWEDEN -