Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stream with the new board
Ok, I'm dumb I don't understand computers. streaming, I'm a complete and utter technophobe. Sending emails, visiting webages and printing a document is as much as I do. I don't understand terms such as upnp dlna etc, etc.

For someone such as I what do I have to do in order to stream over Ethernet ( aha another term I do know) forgot about that, from my innuos server to my 220 pro. Currently using the innuos with usb to the 220.

I assumed once the new board was fitted to the 220 pro it would be a piece of cake to stream, not so. And don't get me started on Air! Undecided
(16-Feb-2018, 11:47)kompressor Wrote: Ok, I'm dumb I don't understand computers. streaming, I'm a complete and utter technophobe. Sending emails, visiting webages and printing a document is as much as I do. I don't understand terms such as upnp dlna etc, etc.

For someone such as I what do I have to do in order to stream over Ethernet ( aha another term I do know) forgot about that, from my innuos server to my 220 pro. Currently using the innuos with usb to the 220.

I assumed once the new board was fitted to the 220 pro it would be a piece of cake to stream, not so. And don't get me started on Air! Undecided

Hello, look here maybe it helps!
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=431&page=59
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks, just installed Glider to my iphone, i'll see what it/I can do when I get home later, cheers.
Buy Roon it works, just need a PC or MAC.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Roon a bit pricey, what's it going to give that I don't already have?
Well glider is streaming well to my Sonos, but no luck with the expert 220 simply because my network can’t see the expert on my network. Tried static and fixed but no luck. Worked fine and showed up on my network before it went in for the upgrade but not any longer.
(16-Feb-2018, 16:34)kompressor Wrote: Roon a bit pricey, what's it going to give that I don't already have?

Trouble free streaming, Devialet AIR protocol integration with no dropouts, artist biography, song lyrics, your personal library (e.g. on NAS) perfectly merged with albums you like on Tidal, fast interface.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
...and a business model that recognises the value of software (and what it takes to do it right).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Before I can do anything I need to figure out why the expert is not showing on my network.
(16-Feb-2018, 20:31)kompressor Wrote: Before I can do anything I need to figure out why the expert is not showing on my network.

This happens to me on occasions and all I do is unplug the 200 from the wall and then plug it back in. Works every time for me
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England