Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming Music from a PC to a phantom Silver
Hi,

I just purchase a new Phantom Silver, and was wanted to know what/how will i be able to stream the music which is in my PC computer (Not a Mac) to my new Phantom.

All my music is manage with Itune, and i do have an Ipad to make the configuration/manage

Thanks for your help
(25-Feb-2019, 17:49)911lnv87 Wrote: Hi,

I just purchase a new Phantom Silver, and was wanted to know what/how will i be able to stream the music which is in my PC computer (Not a Mac) to my new Phantom.

All my music is manage with Itune, and i do have an Ipad to make the configuration/manage

Thanks for your help

Hi and welcome to Devialetchat. I think need to install the Spark software that you can get from the Devialet website. In Spark under options you can then activate upnp beta. Now with a upnp server/renderer you can stream over upnp your local files. I’m not sure that you can acess upnp through itunes installed on a PC. The windows media player can serve as renderer. On the devialet website under support you can find instructions in the Phantom premier section. Airplay is an other option to stream from itunes, but only on a Mac, not a PC. Maybe there exists an airplay enabling freeware/software for windows as it exists for Android and linux. I’m a Mac user and therefore not fully aware reg. latest developments on airplay support for PCs.
HI Steamy, thanks for the answer, but since i am really not a tech person, i would need to some additional clarification:
Where do i install the Spark Software? On my PC?
What is upnp?

Anyone else?
(25-Feb-2019, 19:08)911lnv87 Wrote: HI Steamy, thanks for the answer, but since i am really not a tech person, i would need to some additional clarification:
Where do i install the Spark Software? On my PC?
What is upnp?

Anyone else?

You should check out the How-to-install-Phantom web page.
I do understand that the Spark need to be install in my Ipad, to set up the Phantom, but once i have install it, how do i do to stream Music from my Window PC? knowing that all my music is in Itunes?
(25-Feb-2019, 22:17)911lnv87 Wrote: I do understand that the Spark need to be install in my Ipad, to set up the Phantom, but once i have install it, how do i do to stream Music from my Window PC? knowing that all my music is in Itunes?

Devialet have help for this question.
Check this Help page although you may need to set this up first using the Spark pc software.
So I found the solution for this.
What you need is to set you iTunes library on you PC with home sharing on, then you can use either your iPad or iPhone to use your home sharing library.

And from there you can play your music with AirPlay on your remote device