Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Room
According to @Delija C1 Signature = C1 Mk II = C1 Platinum so the profile for C1 Signature should be good. SAM does things to a passive speaker which is almost impossible and a designer can only dream of, but your room and the speaker may work really well together which can make SAM be "too much".
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
[Image: 4437d1a54a981be7846c8bdc0cafe498.jpg]

Hi all the experts, I am first time uses REW and when I click on measure and started, it send a sweep sound to expert pro, and then draw graphics like this in 3 tests, the blue one is has subwoofer turned on with cross over set to 20Hz, and then the orange line is with subwoofer turned off.

I think there is something wrong here, how come the sub bass recorded so high? That means I can’t turn on my subwoofer.. actually without the subwoofer the main speaker’s bass is not good enough m. Did I do anything wrong in REW or I am looking at it in a wrong way? May be I should not turned on subwoofer during measurement?

Thanks for the help. By the way I use the UMIK-1
Hi,
I would simply like to share my experiences with Sweet Room with you like requested in the very beginning of this thread.

It really helps a lot if you have strong room modes that cannot be controlled with huge absorbers etc. I use sweet room below 120 Hz with a maximum of 4 filters -12 db / +4 db and Q only up to 10.
But I notice a small loss of fine dynamics and the location of voices and instruments. It is only very small and may depend on the speakers (I use Gauder Acoustics with ceramic chassis). Accordingly, I turn the correction off when I listen to Singer Songwriter and turn it on for rock/pop/electronic music.

I'm really very grateful that I can now create correction files myself (before Devialet already offered room corrections when you sent them the parameters by e-mail and they sent you a dsp file back by e-mail). But if you wanted to disable the correction, you had to delete it from the SD card and restart the expert. Not very practical...

For this reason, the biggest advantage from my point of view is that you can switch the room correction on and off with the remote control if you use only one of the two presets. Of course, it would be best to have 3 presets available, to be able to switch it off and still have the possibility to change bass and treble with the remote control. Maybe a later upgrade...?
(24-Oct-2020, 14:53)Hifidl Wrote: Hi,
I would simply like to share my experiences with Sweet Room with you like requested in the very beginning of this thread.

It really helps a lot if you have strong room modes that cannot be controlled with huge absorbers etc. I use sweet room below 120 Hz with a maximum of 4 filters -12 db / +4 db and Q only up to 10.
But I notice a small loss of fine dynamics and the location of voices and instruments. It is only very small and may depend on the speakers (I use Gauder Acoustics with ceramic chassis). Accordingly, I turn the correction off when I listen to Singer Songwriter and turn it on for rock/pop/electronic music.

I'm really very grateful that I can now create correction files myself (before Devialet already offered room corrections when you sent them the parameters by e-mail and they sent you a dsp file back by e-mail). But if you wanted to disable the correction, you had to delete it from the SD card and restart the expert. Not very practical...

For this reason, the biggest advantage from my point of view is that you can switch the room correction on and off with the remote control if you use only one of the two presets. Of course, it would be best to have 3 presets available, to be able to switch it off and still have the possibility to change bass and treble with the remote control. Maybe a later upgrade...?

Great to see your very positive experience!

Do you mind to share some step by step screenshots how to use REW?
(24-Oct-2020, 14:20)PeppaPig Wrote: [Image: 4437d1a54a981be7846c8bdc0cafe498.jpg]

Hi all the experts, I am first time uses REW and when I click on measure and started, it send a sweep sound to expert pro, and then draw graphics like this in 3 tests, the blue one is has subwoofer turned on with cross over set to 20Hz, and then the orange line is with subwoofer turned off.

I think there is something wrong here, how come the sub bass recorded so high? That means I can’t turn on my subwoofer.. actually without the subwoofer the main speaker’s bass is not good enough m. Did I do anything wrong in REW or I am looking at it in a wrong way? May be I should not turned on subwoofer during measurement?

I am not an expert, especially with regard to subwoofers, but reviewing your measurements suggests that your crossover would be better placed at 80hz. This may allow the sub to 'fill' the 'hole' in the 40-80hz range as well as removing the main speaker output below 40hz. Of course, that all depends on the subs room placement and it's volume.

At least with REW, you can measure and see the effect that altering the crossover can have together with the effect of altering the volume of the sub.

Good luck.
@PeppaPig Is it possible that you have the volume too high on the subs?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(25-Oct-2020, 10:37)PeppaPig Wrote:
(24-Oct-2020, 14:53)Hifidl Wrote: Hi,

Great to see your very positive experience!

Do you mind to share some step by step screenshots how to use REW?

Sorry, I do not use REW but CARMA from Audionet. I do not try to get a real flat curve. Biggest issue is a room mode at 41 Hz that I reduced with -12db. And I always use the same parameters for left and right speaker to have phase issues as small as possible.
(25-Oct-2020, 12:58)alandbush Wrote:
(24-Oct-2020, 14:20)PeppaPig Wrote: [Image: 4437d1a54a981be7846c8bdc0cafe498.jpg]

I am not an expert, especially with regard to subwoofers, but reviewing your measurements suggests that your crossover would be better placed at 80hz. This may allow the sub to 'fill' the 'hole' in the 40-80hz range as well as removing the main speaker output below 40hz. Of course, that all depends on the subs room placement and it's volume.

At least with REW, you can measure and see the effect that altering the crossover can have together with the effect of altering the volume of the sub.

Good luck.

At the moment the cross over is set the minimum 30Hz, it use REL high level input. If I set it to 80Hz , isn’t the sub bass section will bump up higher?
(25-Oct-2020, 16:01)Dan Wrote: @PeppaPig Is it possible that you have the volume too high on the subs?

Possible, but look at the orange line which has the subwoofer turned off, it seems suggested I shouldn’t turn on my subwoofer? But with the subwoofer on it definitely sounds better.
(25-Oct-2020, 22:45)PeppaPig Wrote:
(25-Oct-2020, 12:58)alandbush Wrote:

I am not an expert, especially with regard to subwoofers, but reviewing your measurements suggests that your crossover would be better placed at 80hz. This may allow the sub to 'fill' the 'hole' in the 40-80hz range as well as removing the main speaker output below 40hz.  Of course, that all depends on the subs room placement and it's volume.

Good luck.

At the moment the cross over is set the minimum 30Hz, it use REL high level input. If I set it to 80Hz , isn’t the sub bass section will bump up higher?

Again, I am not an expert, nor do I have a sub.

Perhaps the following image best describes what you want to achieve.

180hz crossover frequency example

The sub (blue plot) provides the low frequencies upto around 180hz, before rolling off and the main speakers (purple plot) roll in to provide the rest of the frequency range.

In your case, setting the crossover to around 75hz should cause the sub to provide the frequencies upto 75hz and the main speakers providing the rest of the frequency range.
Importantly, the crossover prevents the main speaker output around 20-40hz doubling up with the output of the sub.