Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synergistic Devialet Power Cords
(17-Nov-2016, 21:23)yanc Wrote: Interesting read.
I run my Dev250 with a Synergistic Black UEF chord. It's quite good, though not as good as their Element series chords.
Does anyone use the schuko version of the Atmosphere chord for Devialet? Is this sold anywhere in Europe? Price?

I use Atmosphere Devaliet spec power chord schuko version with my 220Pro. I tried some different brands, and this was the best I have tried :-)
Try the Norwegian dealer. 
post@acoustictuning.com
Or direct to: frode73diamond@yahoo.no
Devaliet 220ProCI. Audio Physic Avanti III. Kvålsvoll Design Subwoofer 110. SmallGreenComputer with Roon core. Cables from Synergistic Reaserch, LessLoss, Wireworld and more
Was one of the "different brands" Shunyata or AudioQuest? If so, what differences did you hear? Thanks.
(26-Nov-2016, 04:02)deviousalet Wrote: Was one of the "different brands" Shunyata or AudioQuest? If so, what differences did you hear? Thanks.

Audioquest yes, but I have not tested Shunyata.
LessLoss and Wireworld is also good, but SR remove some kind of noice and distortion. Some recordings I did belive was bad recorded or mastered now sounds good:-) I hear more music and less speakers. And no fatigue after long and loud listening:-)
I recommend testing Synergistic Research Devaiet power cable, I think dealers have 30 day money back deal.
Devaliet 220ProCI. Audio Physic Avanti III. Kvålsvoll Design Subwoofer 110. SmallGreenComputer with Roon core. Cables from Synergistic Reaserch, LessLoss, Wireworld and more
Browsing through the forums and this thread - there seems to be considerable amount of awesome reviews about the Synergistic Research devialet power cord. I have the opportunity of getting one of these or going for the Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme (CT GE) cords which have quite a lot of rave reviews in other forums such as audiogon (though not specifically paired with Devialet).

Anyone in these forums have the CT GE power cord paired with a Devialet? Thoughts?
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
Zambie, thanks for prompting me to re-examine this. I did another listening test, with clearer results now that I've upgraded other equipment.

I have a Cerious Technologies "Graphene Extreme High Current Optimized (Blue)" cord which I've used in my power chain, but connected to my Shunyata Research Denali power conditioner not directly to my Devialet amps. When I got it I found it slightly better sounding than a Shunyata Research "Venom HC". That was with a Devialet 400. In the mean time I've upgraded to a Devialet 1000 and Shunyata Research "Alpha HC", so repeated the test. There is a much greater difference now. The Shunyata cord is far better: adding much more "meat to the bones" of the sound. I'd otherwise describe the difference as a bigger soundstage with more bass extension, more separation between instruments, and more tonal texture. For example, in Keith Murphy's "Great Big Sea" he both plucks and thumps his guitar while singing. The percussive thump of the guitar body resonating is more noticeable and separated from the sound of the strings and Keith's voice is more realistic and present through the Alpha HC. The Cerious Technologies blends all those sounds together and makes it sound further away as well as less tangible. The Cerious Technologies is comparatively bright, which emphasizes details. I hear more detail with the Alpha HC, but within a fuller mix of sound so the details don't stick out so much. It is similar to using small monitors (like the KEF LS50) versus full-range speakers (like B&W 802): some high-frequency details are more obvious through the small speakers but only because they lack the ability to convey the full range of sound in the recording. So if one's system were a bit soft and not full-range the Cerious Technologies might be excellent to bring out detail. I do really respect the Cerious Technologies cord for this. If I still had the LS50 I might prefer the Cerious Technologies cord. With my B&W 804d3 I clearly prefer the Alpha HC cord. Again, thanks for prompting me to re-examine the difference with my updated equipment. I hope my thoughts are useful to you.
(20-Mar-2019, 12:43)deviousalet Wrote: Zambie, thanks for prompting me to re-examine this. I did another listening test, with clearer results now that I've upgraded other equipment.

I have a Cerious Technologies "Graphene Extreme High Current Optimized (Blue)" cord which I've used in my power chain, but connected to my Shunyata Research Denali power conditioner not directly to my Devialet amps. When I got it I found it slightly better sounding than a Shunyata Research "Venom HC". That was with a Devialet 400. In the mean time I've upgraded to a Devialet 1000 and Shunyata Research "Alpha HC", so repeated the test. There is a much greater difference now. The Shunyata cord is far better: adding much more "meat to the bones" of the sound. I'd otherwise describe the difference as a bigger soundstage with more bass extension, more separation between instruments, and more tonal texture. For example, in Keith Murphy's "Great Big Sea" he both plucks and thumps his guitar while singing. The percussive thump of the guitar body resonating is more noticeable and separated from the sound of the strings and Keith's voice is more realistic and present through the Alpha HC. The Cerious Technologies blends all those sounds together and makes it sound further away as well as less tangible. The Cerious Technologies is comparatively bright, which emphasizes details. I hear more detail with the Alpha HC, but within a fuller mix of sound so the details don't stick out so much. It is similar to using small monitors (like the KEF LS50) versus full-range speakers (like B&W 802): some high-frequency details are more obvious through the small speakers but only because they lack the ability to convey the full range of sound in the recording. So if one's system were a bit soft and not full-range the Cerious Technologies might be excellent to bring out detail. I do really respect the Cerious Technologies cord for this. If I still had the LS50 I might prefer the Cerious Technologies cord. With my B&W 804d3 I clearly prefer the Alpha HC cord. Again, thanks for prompting me to re-examine the difference with my updated equipment. I hope my thoughts are useful to you.
Arghhhhh Big Grin ... just what the doctor ordered - another power chord for me to investigate. Thanks for your really detailed note Deviousalet! 
I'm intrigued about a couple of things: you mentioned that you have the CT GE High Current version - when I contacted Bob from CT, he directed me to the low current option (red). I'll be plugging directly into the power mains @ 15 amp wall. Wondering what triggered you to get the Blue? Also - from what he mentioned, it seemed like both the blue and red were better used without power conditioner (the GE Yellow is the one that was recommended for use with a power conditioner).
That you're stating that the Shunyata chord is far better is definitely going to make me (re)consider power chord options. Curious about the HC variant that you've selected (which I presume is high current). IF you could shed some light on that - would be much appreciated. Is it that the 440/ 1000 are drawing more current? Just to clarify - is it the EF or NR model that you went for?
It seems like in your listening tests - there's a clear difference in the sound you notice - which is amazing given the positive review of CT GE for other amps. Did you ever consider Synergistic Research?
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Were I shopping for power cables and could afford to buy them new I would audition cables from Shunyata Research, Audioquest, and maybe others such as Synergistic Research. I think that there are many good power cables out there. I have most respect for Shunyata Research because they're transparent and informative. Audioquest makes great stuff, but has at times coated it in snake oil. However Audioquest has the scale to make things others can't, and brilliant designers too. Other companies may make great products but it can be harder to wade through their marketing BS or lack of real information. I tried a horrible Mad Scientist digital cable based on reading about the technology and reviews so am leery of little shops making weird stuff now. If a company can successfully sell good products for years I have more confidence in them. I'm very excited about graphene so was glad to see Cerious Technologies using it, but the proof is in the end result. So far the best cable I've heard is the Shunyata Alpha HC for my power conditioner, and Delta NR for my Devialet amps. I also like the Shunyata Z-PC10 with my Devialet. Those options were superior to the Cerious, Shunyata Venom HC, and Audioquest NRG-X3. I haven't heard other power cables in my system. I'd love to order five top options from The Cable Company lending library and keep the one I like best, but I can't afford that excellent method. I got the Cerious cable with a used power conditioner I bought, so didn't choose the color. I bought my Alpha HC (high current) used before Shunyata released the NR/EF series. Shunyata has great recommendations about which cable to choose for an application on their website, and even more on https://www.whatsbestforum.com/forums/sh...forum.335/ where the Shunyata guys show how honest, knowledgeable, and responsive they are. There's all the reading you could want there. Still, the best test is giving a cable some time in your system.
Finally have managed to get my hands on Shunyata Research Alpha EF and Synergistic Research's Devialet spec atmosphere power cables - shoot down is coming up this weekend! ... Hopefully at the end of it I'll have clarity on which cable works best for my music tastes.
I'll have to say initial listening has been a revelation ... been enjoying my music more than ever on both! Detailed review coming up.

(03-May-2019, 23:30)zambie Wrote: Finally have managed to get my hands on Shunyata Research Alpha EF and Synergistic Research's Devialet spec atmosphere power cables - shoot down is coming up this weekend! ... Hopefully at the end of it I'll have clarity on which cable works best for my music tastes.
I'll have to say initial listening has been a revelation ... been enjoying my music more than ever on both! Detailed review coming up.

It will be a very interesting review.
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)