Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Devialet or not to Devialet
Excellent, so I am assuming things like that can be done as an upgrade?
I dont have anything in this format, but there are so many possibilities with the digital music sites appearing all of a sudden.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(25-Feb-2015, 14:50)Womaz Wrote: Thats great, exactly the type of guidance I am looking for. One of the things i am a little nervous about is losing the power that my MF amp has. If it is the 200, I think they are about 6k??...so would have to wait about 3 more months to raise that, although there is interest free credit.
Thank you
Hi - welcome.  Depending on where you're based, why not travel across to Dublin and visit Cloney Audio.   This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

BTW - other comments re:£600 USB cable spot on.  I'm using a SBT with a £50 co-ax and it sounds great. 

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(25-Feb-2015, 22:14)ZincAlloy Wrote: This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

ATB, Ken

And what exactly would 1K worth of Guinness do to your innards? Angel
(25-Feb-2015, 22:25)Womaz Wrote: That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?

The UK and Ireland are both in the EU so there should be no customs charges Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Wow, so that really is an option then. That is incredible. I need to hear it with my PMC 23s first and that may be problematic. Home demo not going to happen as I am miles from any stockist.
(25-Feb-2015, 22:25)Womaz Wrote: "That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?

Well, the border between NI and RoI is not really manned very well.... I haven't seen a border patrol for over 10 years... Take the car on the ferry to Dun Laoghaire, short drive to Blackrock, spot of lunch, buy a Devialet, 30 minute drive to Dublin, weekend break ...
(25-Feb-2015, 22:29)Confused Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 22:14)ZincAlloy Wrote: This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

ATB, Ken

And what exactly would 1K worth of Guinness do to your innards? Angel

They'd look like mine Wink
(25-Feb-2015, 22:47)Womaz Wrote: Wow, so that really is an option then. That is incredible. I need to hear it with my PMC 23s first and that may be problematic. Home demo not going to happen as I am miles from any stockist.

Phone Ivan at Cloney Audio, explain your predicament, and he may be able to source some PMCs for a demo for you.   Very accommodating man.  He loaned me a Devialet 200 for a home demo - and I'd never done business with him before, and I live over 100 miles away!
Its a cracking idea.
When you buy a Devialet do you not get installation though? After reading a few messages on here it all seems rather complex.