• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom´s system
(20-Apr-2019, 17:56)tom539 Wrote: Hi Folks,

added a Second TT:
[Image: 47fffe.jpg]

[Image: 79278b.jpg]

Happy easter   Big Grin

atb, Tom

That’s a rare old beast of a turntable you’ve got there Tom. Looks very cool. Does the motor live on the outrigger just visible to the left rear, or is that a mounting place for another arm?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hello Axel,

the "rare old biest" and the tonearm are over 30 years old and therefore quite a contrast to the Devialet and the quite current DPS3.
The same is for the tonal alignment of the two turntables - the Bauer/Colibri with extreme resolution and "fast" as well as "appealing" playing, the Micro/AT33-EV rather on the "laid back" side with much more fundamental, a bit "fuller" bass and not quite as concise high frequencies - ideal for older and a bit "thin"-produced music / pressing.

The DDX 1500 is a direct drive unit, the external power supply can be seen on the vinyl shelf to the left of the DPS3 power supply.

At the back left of the turntable there is an acrylic base for a broom.

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
Hi Tom, my pickups would fit well Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Verry nice  Big Grin

What do we see?

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
(22-Apr-2019, 12:15)tom539 Wrote: Verry nice  Big Grin

What do we see?

atb, Tom

A selection of different pickup:
Accuphase, vdHul, Grace, EMT, Nagoka, Roksan, Precept (Audio Technica) etc. some already a few years old and two need a new needle! But since I sold my Thorens TD 126 for a long time, the pickup are not used! Slowly I'm already thinking about whether maybe a player will be bought again! Let's see Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(22-Apr-2019, 12:58)K4680 Wrote:

What do we see?

atb, Tom

Accuphase, vdHul, Grace, EMT, Nagoka, Roksan, Precept (Audio Technica) etc. some already a few years old and two need a new needle! But since I sold my Thorens TD 126 for a long time, the pickup are not used! Slowly I'm already thinking about whether maybe a player will be bought again! Let's see Shy

Maybe I can grab some of them...  Cool

Let´s talk about that via PN (in german).

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
(22-Apr-2019, 13:32)tom539 Wrote:
(22-Apr-2019, 12:58)K4680 Wrote:

What do we see?

atb, Tom

Accuphase, vdHul, Grace, EMT, Nagaoka, Roksan, Precept (Audio Technica) etc. some already a few years old and two need a new needle! But since I sold my Thorens TD 126 for a long time, the pickup are not used! Slowly I'm already thinking about whether maybe a player will be bought again! Let's see Shy

Maybe I can grab some of them...  Cool

Let´s talk about that via PN (in german).

OK!

atb, Tom
Germany / Bavaria
Hi Folks,

tested a view external phono-pres the last weeks - and move from Devialet-Phono to the PhonoLab 1.0 from AudioSpecials.
Also added a second stoic wall-mount for the DDX an switch from AT33EV to Jico Seto Hori.

So new picture then...

[Image: DSC03188.JPG]

[Image: DSC03189.JPG]

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
That's a lovely setup!
Living Room: Devialet Dione
I think it´s time for the yearly update... Wink 

[Image: DSC03267.JPG]

Changes in 2020:
- upgrade to 440pro CI
- Blizzard Powercord for the Devialets
- on the FR64s: Ortofon SPU Classic GME MKII with Step-Up XF-1 L from Fidelity Research
- Sorane TA-1 with the "old" Jico Seto Hori
- Upgrade to AudioValve Solaris (instead of Luminare)

Speakers are still the same (and will be for a very long time) - TAD CE-1:

[Image: DSC03271.JPG]

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany