Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
Why does Devialet make this offer?
(19-Sep-2017, 15:09)Rudolph Wrote: Why does Devialet make this offer?

To increase their revenue.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I don’t see how it benefits them. They’re paying shipping both ways. For each customer. And having all these old Phantoms back that nobody knows what they’re going to do with them. And they’re not getting dollar for dollar retail of the units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Maybe they can repair the Golds, and they can't repair the whites/silvers. It might be a really clever way to avoid impending PR doom.
I hardly believe they're not earning on the deal. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-Sep-2017, 15:09)Rudolph Wrote: Why does Devialet make this offer?

You do realise that's it's not free don't you....?!

It cost £990 per speaker via this 'offer'
There is something weird in their business.

We have been told that it is impossible to unmount a phantom and/or to repair it.

Knowing all the parts that have to be changed, including front medium and titanium tweeter speakers, including boomers that are not the same colour, it seems they have hidden us something or simply are lying us.

May be they do not modify the speakers and simply give a brand new gold ?
May be they keep the old silver and basic phantoms for customers needing "devialet care" and exchange ?
Who knows the truth ?

The way things are going, I do not trust devialet anymore and recommanded a friend, a few days ago, not to buy their products for now.
If I understand correctly what I found on the web site, the customer should receive a completly new speaker.

BUT the "devialet care" still ends at the date indicated when it was first subscribed.

Can someone confirm this is correct ?
Interesting, I do not see this offer on the site anymore...

When I did see it, from a silver phantom perspective:  it explained they would exchange (1) silver phantom for (1) gold phantom for the user cost of $1400 USD. So this means they are giving $1000 credit for a silver phantom.

Aside from the convenience factor, I don't think it's worth it.  I would "think" owners can sell their used but perfectly fine silver phantoms for around $1200-$1500 USD on average (or maybe more).

I wonder how many people will do this upgrade rather than sell off their speakers.

edit: found the page: https://www.devialet.com/en-us/gold-my-phantom
It's not that good of a deal. I have 2 perfectly good silvers, the exchange cost for me in Australian dollars is close to the outright cost of one gold. I think I would be better off keeping the silvers and buying an additional gold for a centre speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk