Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
(30-Sep-2017, 17:29)jaykay1967 Wrote: JWhat a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Ordered two gold upgrades....waited two weeks after payment was taken but received packaging boxes after 1 week.  Just left on the doorstep by UPS ...at first I panicked Ias I thought it was £4k+ of speakers but no.....just boxes containing packaging.  I had no intention of sending silvers until I had the gold upgrades that I paid for and could test they worked as advertised.

Called Devialet.  They will not ship the Golds until my Silvers are with them.  
Where was I supposed to know that.......erm, in the small print......
You want me to be two weeks without speakers?????  that's our policy....
me: so you don't trust your longstanding customers....erm, yes we do   
me: then send me the golds...let me hook up both sets as I may even decide to keep the silvers for other rooms and pay the full cost of the golds for the music room.......erm, thats not our policy.
...but under consumer law I get 14 days to return the Golds whatever your daft policy say.s.....agreed.   
......and if I just pay £4k+ plus for the golds I get to trial the golds at home for 45 days.....agreed.  
Also you have my card details so you can take the remaining £2k payment even if I didnt return the old silvers......yes, but.  
me: yes but what.....we dont have the facility to take the excess £2k.
me: This is crazy......you are making this really hard to spend £2k or £4k with you.......erm, well you could call a local audio shop that supplies devialet products and see if they have golds in stock.   
me: Here's a novel idea......you are customer services...why don't you find out for me and then I will drive 60 miles to swap over the golds/silvers...that way we are both doing something to complete this order even if you are the only one getting paid........erm, i can't do that.
me: OK, lets make this easier for you.  Afterall I wouldn't want to put you to any inconvenience.    Cancel my order.   I'll hold onto the £2k+ and look at other options.

If anyone from Devialet reads this then contact me.  I'd like to upgrade but your process is ridiculous.  I'd also like to do this before by 50th on 14th October.

(01-Oct-2017, 03:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Sep-2017, 17:29)jaykay1967 Wrote: What a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Ordered two gold upgrades....waited two weeks after payment was taken but received packaging boxes after 1 week.  Just left on the doorstep by UPS ...at first I panicked Ias I thought it was £4k+ of speakers but no.....just boxes containing packaging.  I had no intention of sending silvers until I had the gold upgrades that I paid for and could test they worked as advertised.

me: then send me the golds...let me hook up both sets as I may even decide to keep the silvers for other rooms and pay the full cost of the golds for the music room.......erm, thats not our policy.
...but under consumer law I get 14 days to return the Golds whatever your daft policy say.s.....agreed.   
......and if I just pay £4k+ plus for the golds I get to trial the golds at home for 45 days.....agreed.  
Also you have my card details so you can take the remaining £2k payment even if I didnt return the old silvers......yes, but.  
me: This is crazy......you are making this really hard to spend £2k or £4k with you.......erm, well you could call a local audio shop that supplies devialet products and see if they have golds in stock.   
me: Here's a novel idea......you are customer services...why don't you find out for me and then I will drive 60 miles to swap over the golds/silvers...that way we are both doing something to complete this order even if you are the only one getting paid........erm, i can't do that.
me: OK, lets make this easier for you.  Afterall I wouldn't want to put you to any inconvenience.    Cancel my order.   I'll hold onto the £2k+ and look at other options.

If anyone from Devialet reads this then contact me.  I'd like to upgrade but your process is ridiculous.  I'd also like to do this before by 50th on 14th October.

Small print?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...easy-steps

5. You will receive your Gold Phantom(s) a couple of days after UPS returned

I spoke with them before ordering about the process in the chat provided by the website. I was not sure about upgrading. What convinced me was that they told me taxes were included and that I would not be a single day without the phantoms because I will receive both the golds and the return package at the same time. That is why I spent 3000$. Neither were true. 
If you want to rely on that website... it says you will receive the return pckage in 2 days... I received mine in 12 days. The answer Customer Care is giving me is “am going to be completely honest with you, when the offer started all details were not completely clear so it is possible that the procedure was described differently” . That is not fair neither the fault of the customer. They should honor what they said and lured me into buying the upgrade... because it is not a present, we are paying for it and they charge Inmediatelly.

I can understand this process if they don’t charge you until they send them... but they charged the 3000$ on day 1. Also, in the website what it says is this https://www.devialet.com/en-us/gold-my-phantom

To turn your Phantom into Gold, you can either:

Connect to your account and request your Phantom transmutation immediately. You’ll receive your new Gold Phantom within a few days
LOG-IN 

To know that you will be kept without yours for many days you have to go the the help section and navigate so yes, that is what I consider fine print. It should be said in the described process. 
(01-Oct-2017, 14:54)ivandolz Wrote:
(30-Sep-2017, 17:29)jaykay1967 Wrote: JWhat a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

(01-Oct-2017, 03:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Sep-2017, 17:29)jaykay1967 Wrote: What a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Small print?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...easy-steps

5. You will receive your Gold Phantom(s) a couple of days after UPS returned

I spoke with them before ordering about the process in the chat provided by the website. I was not sure about upgrading. What convinced me was that they told me taxes were included and that I would not be a single day without the phantoms because I will receive both the golds and the return package at the same time. That is why I spent 3000$. Neither were true. 
If you want to rely on that website... it says you will receive the return pckage in 2 days... I received mine in 12 days. The answer Customer Care is giving me is “am going to be completely honest with you, when the offer started all details were not completely clear so it is possible that the procedure was described differently” . That is not fair neither the fault of the customer. They should honor what they said and lured me into buying the upgrade... because it is not a present, we are paying for it and they charge Inmediatelly.

I can understand this process if they don’t charge you until they send them... but they charged the 3000$ on day 1. Also, in the website what it says is this https://www.devialet.com/en-us/gold-my-phantom

To turn your Phantom into Gold, you can either:

Connect to your account and request your Phantom transmutation immediately. You’ll receive your new Gold Phantom within a few days
LOG-IN 

To know that you will be kept without yours for many days you have to go the the help section and navigate so yes, that is what I consider fine print. It should be said in the described process. 

I sit corrected.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
As per what was written on Devialet's website (at least in French, I did not look at the English version before they changed it), they were indeed originally supposed to send the new Golds first and you would have sent your Whites or Silvers to France after getting your brand-new Golds.

They now also offer the option of an exchange at a Devialet retailer though.
I have changed my silvers to the golds and i must say it is a huge improvement in my room.

It's definitily worth all the money!
Yes it is !
I did it too last week.
They are now safe and out of reach on the Gecko wich makes a full rest acrobatic.

(And, BTW, told them my opinion about the upgrades/software and Spark)
Hello,

I just did the same exchange/upgrade with my Phantom Silver.  Initially, I was put off by the process as well.  However, I called support and they assured me that the Golds will ship once I shipped the Silvers back (not received since I had to shipped back to Paris).  I will updated once I have the Golds.  Hopefully, the Golds will be worth the extra $3K premium.
Stereo: Phantom Silvers, Dialogue, Branches
Home Theater: Pre/Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, Amp: Emotiva XPA-5, Fronts & Center: Anthony Gallo Strada 2, Surrounds: Anthony Gallo A'Divas, Subwoofer: Anthony Gallo TR-3D
(07-Oct-2017, 00:43)dpham8 Wrote: Hello,

I just did the same exchange/upgrade with my Phantom Silver.  Initially, I was put off by the process as well.  However, I called support and they assured me that the Golds will ship once I shipped the Silvers back (not received since I had to shipped back to Paris).  I will updated once I have the Golds.  Hopefully, the Golds will be worth the extra $3K premium.

I think you will be happy. Let us no
(07-Oct-2017, 08:34)Johnnydev Wrote:

Got my Silver picked up on Wednesday and received the Gold yesterday. Incredible fast. The improvement in mids and trebbles is huge and worth the money. Will test ls50 wireless parallel at home.
(07-Oct-2017, 10:00)Waldstorch Wrote:
(07-Oct-2017, 08:34)Johnnydev Wrote:

Got my Silver picked up on Wednesday and received the Gold yesterday. Incredible fast. The improvement in mids and trebbles is huge and worth the money. Will test ls50 wireless parallel at home.

It will sound even better after a few hundred hours
Hi there,

Just to put my 10 cc in this thread :

- from my point of view, it's simply impossible for the manufacturer to send the Golds BEFORE they receive BOTH the money AND our Phantoms. I suppose this is clear for everyone : imagine what they have to do if some customers don't return their Phantoms after receiving the Golds ?...

- as far as the extra money asked for this exchange, I was one of the guys who asked for this offer, since a lot of improvements are done from the first release and  reconditioning the systems isn't an issue for Devialet. The difference in official price is, at least for for the Silvers compared to the Golds, about 600 €/Phantom. The real difference is about 500 €/Phantom (i. e. 1090-600). 

Considering the pickup and return of the systems by UPS, I think this deal is a correct one, as soon as there is a real improvement in the sound quality, the sound power and new facilites. I wonder if there is a lot of other manufacturer offering such opportunities to their customers after a couple years of the launch of their products !

Of course, this is my personal opinion.

My Best.